Hi, my name is nelly! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is nelly!

nelly
nelly Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have Fibromyalgia. I had to take early retirement, lost my house, car, and financial stabilty because of this horrible illness which NHS does not give a **** about. No help for me at all. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @nelly So sorry what you have been through never easy.

Understand has been tough for you.

Please can I add you are among friends of the community.

Please can I also add have seen our posts threads.

Specific conditions have you read any of them. See what they can advise.

I hope you can find the help required. Might be worth speaking to one of our advisors.

Please what sort of help would you require. Have you called 0808 800 3333, speak to one or advisors.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Nelly @nelly and a very warm welcome to you. Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. Truly. I can honestly tell you that you're not alone, but I don't know if that helps.
    You will almost certainly find some interesting posts about fibro, or by people who suffer from it, in the Dealing with chronic pain thread. Perhaps you could have a look? Joining in a conversation or two is a good way of meeting people.
    In the meanwhile - when you feel up to it - tell us a little more about yourself, and ask any questions you would care to ask.
    We are here for you,
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @nelly, welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. Please do let us know if we can provide any support - whether you need some advice or just want a chat, we're happy to be here for you.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @nelly
    Im so sorry you are having a rubbish time, have you checked the benefits calculator to see if you are entitled to claim any support?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness