Can SOmeome help me to understand this (PIP) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can SOmeome help me to understand this (PIP)

shella
shella Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
The appeal had finnished and i was collecting all the papers to put them to bed, I came across the first letters the DWP sent me.I understand that if you transper over from DLA to PIP there is no back dated payments, so can some one explain why the DWP have stated on my letters New Claim?
 The paperwork From the first letter of the assessmentment I was shocked to see that I was actualy awarded 15 points from the daily activity part. I never looked at the points at the beginning I looked at the amount they were giving and caculated from there. looking at letters after this the points were somehow knocked down to 8 points were did the other points go?
so I am in the process of looking through all my paperwork upto the Appea.
Question who do I contact about the missing points.I won the Appeal and did get extra points on the mobility part. still. where did those points go. utterly confused.com

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I suggest you get f2f advice from CAB or similar.
  • hartill77
    hartill77 Community member Posts: 97 Courageous
    Hi Shella 
    Write to them and ask them to explain It. 
    I put a complaint on the resolver website and got a reply in writing to explain it all but that was for housing benefit. Guessing you could do the same though. 
    Charlene 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @BenefitsTrainingCo should be along to answer your questions.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    So they awarded mobility, took the living and you are in the same boat financial as you were before you went through all this? 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    I have passed this onto the benefits advice company who I hope will be in touch soon.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • shella
    whistles said:
    So they awarded mobility, took the living and you are in the same boat financial as you were before you went through all this? 

Bwahahahahahahaaaagh YESSS and to make matters worst I have been told that everyone who went to appeal and won more points has to wait 1 month as the DWP can put in an appeal to have those point quashed AND that the Tribunal has no means to enforce the decition made by them........Question WHAT IN THE HECK DID I GO THROUGH ALL THIS FOR. If i had known I would have weighhed up my options as it was I was not given that choice. I think I know myself and would have appealed anyway. It was the lies that got me.

• shella
    Sam_Scope said:
    I have passed this onto the benefits advice company who I hope will be in touch soon.
    thank you
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi Shella,

Not 100% sure of the facts above - I think what you're saying is:-
    (1) You were awarded 15 points on DL but no Mobility.
    (2) On reconsideration the DL was reduced to 8, but still no mobility.
    (3) You went to appeal, and the Tribunal awarded you Mobility only, but no DL??

It doesn't really matter - the advice is the same. The DWP are entitled to reconsider an award during the appeals process at any time (you will have asked them to reconsider it with a Mandatory Reconsideration) - I can't say for sure without seeing the papers, but that is probably how your points became reduced, and they probably aren't coming back until you're reassessed and they're re-awarded.

The Tribunal are also well within their rights to make whatever award (be it higher or lower than the current one) that they see fit.

That's why it's so important to thoroughly read all the paperwork they send out. It's all on standard letters, but it often includes important facts that need consideration in entering into a process like this.

If you think the Tribunal decision is incorrect you should request a Statement of Reasons and Record of Proceedings, and try and find a local CAB/Law Centre/Welfare Rights to assess whether there is any appealable error of law.

Hope that helps to clarify?

Kind regards,

Mary
    The Benefits Training Co:

• shella
    Thank you Mary

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.