Over 5 weeks since my pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Over 5 weeks since my pip assessment

leannemich
leannemich Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
edited April 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,
I’m new here and I posted this somewhere else but I think it was the wrong category (sorry)
So.. its been 5 weeks since my pip assessment but I still haven’t heared a thing!
i got my assessors report and it looks like she’s given me 12 points for mobility and 16 for daily living. does the DM go off the assessors report or does it vary?
also does anybody know how much longer around it will take? :)
thankyou

Comments

• GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
    Hi @leannemich I'm no expert and a newbie here myself ,but from the report given it looks like you have enhanced in both daily living and mobility. 
    So hopefully good luck 
    But someone with more knowledge on the matter will be along I am sure 
    Gizmo
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    They mostly go with the report, it's rare for them to go against it. There's no timescales for decisions, it all depends on backlog in your area. You can always ring and ask if a decisions been made, if it has they'll tell you. Hopefully not too long now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Good morning looks like you got a full house for your pip. I had to wait nearly 12 weeks for my award letter but as you have your report it looks good so just wait for the award letter.
  • leannemich
    Thank you so much :) 
    its so worrying waiting around isn’t it? Especially seeing so many horror stories! I was on enhanced rate mobility but got taken off in October 2016 as I had one of the wonderful lying Atos assessors who didn’t understand my condition one bit! It made it worse because my social care manager wasn’t there and she helps me a lot with my PIP etc x
  • Circe
    Circe Community member Posts: 68 Pioneering
    I've just sent off for claim form,be a week Friday  How long do they take to come through? 
    Carpe Noctem
  • leannemich
    Circe said:
    I've just sent off for claim form,be a week Friday  How long do they take to come through? 
    It usually takes around 5 working days to receive it and you get 1 month to send it back :)
  • leannemich
    Hi everyone,
    just an update, they went with the assessors report and awarded me enhanced rate daily living and mobility!
    im so happy :) 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news @leannemich :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • leannemich
    Sam_Scope said:
    Great news @leannemich :)
    Thankyou sam!
    its horrible waiting for them to send you the dreaded letter.
    we never hear the good stories so I’ve been worrying so much! 
  • GizmoTiddles
    GizmoTiddles Community member Posts: 159 Pioneering
    Brilliant news@leannemich
    Now time to chill and de-stress
    Cheers 
    Gizmo
  • leannemich
    Brilliant news@leannemich
    Now time to chill and de-stress
    Cheers 
    Gizmo
    Thankyou so much! 
    Its so awful waiting for the decision 
  • Myiphone6
    Myiphone6 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Hi how did you know how many points you had scored before getting award I've been waiting 8 week since face to face and 2 weeks since the we now have everything letter 
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Hi @Myiphone6.  You need to phone the DWP and ask for the assessment report. That gives the assessors recommendations.
  • Myiphone6
    Myiphone6 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Tardis hi I keep meaning to but forgotten I will Monday when I had my face to face I said to the lady after thinking she would tell me there and then in a round about eay. So I said to her "how did I do regarding the assessment" she replied to me with I don't give out scores o only fill out what I am asked to but the DWP usually give people with your illness an award for 2 years due to medication changes " so I didn't know how to take the whole rely if it was good or what but left even more confused 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.