dla to PIP just had my pip f2f assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

dla to PIP just had my pip f2f assessment

Options
exdx
exdx Community member Posts: 12 Listener
hey all I'm new to this site just looking for some help I just had my pip assessment I suffer from mental health problems and sever anexity and just had my 2f2 ever since my nerves have been through the roof a total mess and getting my suicidal thoights again ive already tried to kill myself twice, but I'm just making this for people who can help me if the worst happens as been told of some shockers about the person who interviews you lying etc and wanna be prepared to fight this if it happens, whats the first thing I should do here I don' really have any udea when it comes to all this

Comments

• exdx
    Options
    sorry about so many errors in last post I am nervous as hell and cant think straight I am a mess atm just about got through it
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ask DWP to send you a copy of the assessor's report which will give you a good indication of what your award will be.  Don't worry until you get something in writing as it might be good news.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    edited May 2018
    Options
    You can do this. Don't let them unfairly drive you to suicide. Fight the ********!
  • exdx
    Options
    thanks for msg back, that past few days have been crazy with my anxiety  and just been taking my anti-anxiety medication to help me till I get this letter as I'm sure others who have been through this know what the nerves is like, I have phoned and asked for copy of assessors report like u said will see what that says do you know how these things work like for example my original form I filled had a lot of information so much that I thought I wouldn't need a f2f will that be sent to whoever makes the decision?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes they'll get all your PIP papers. 
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello exdvr, good to see you here, the best thing you could have done.  I am waiting for my mr, and like you no good at stress, but determine to get what entitlements I am due to.  All the best. CG
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • exdx
    Options
    thank you Charlene just waiting to hear back, also waiting on 
    copy of the assessor's report as Matilda advised me to do, altho dunno how the copy of report will take to arrive
  • exdx
    Options
    thank you Charlene I wrote a msg but hasn't came up for some reason so ill try again lol, thank you to all whos msg me just waiting on a copy of the assessor's report dunno how long that takes, hopefully its good news when u hear back from them aswell charlene
  • gemsgem77
    gemsgem77 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I’ve just had the letter about switching and any changes. People say if changes then dla stopped and 
    new pip claim done, so for now do I let it go ahead knowing whatever I do it’s going to be stopped. I’ve fibromyalgia and personality disorder and am now a wreck. I haven’t phoned them as scared and I can’t seem to take in letters or fill in forms without messing it up because I can’t think straight so reading this post has me worse but we gotta fight them as they want everyone not to appeal and save money so genuine are losing everything. 
  • Toffee
    Toffee Community member Posts: 251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi all good luck and yes fight we must. Yes they do tell there own stories on your report but fight it I have Mr for pip going through and Mr esa at moment.. I feel your stress levels but don't ever give up you will get there
  • exdx
    Options
    hey guys so I asked for a copy of the assessor's report on 20th april and still have not got anything sent out, anyone know how long it usually takes the person said they would send it out when they got assessor's report wouldn't they have that already I'm a little confused.
  • Lucysam25
    Lucysam25 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Options
    Well I phoned when I got turned  down  pip  i at to do a mandatory  claim I  disgrace  they think you are cured  after you have been on dla for the past 18 years  now i  have wrote some details  down about my disability they said to wait 6 weeks now  it feel as though  you are  making a false  claim I feel   so  let down its unreal  the assessor  put lies down on that computer  he said I could walk 500 meters in can't  even  walk 50 meters  it's ludicrous watch this space  rant over 
  • exdx
    Options
    hey sorry to hear that lucy how did your mandatory go? I heard if that gets rejected u can wait like 8 months for a tribunal which is crazy ive been reading so many horrible storys about assessors lying when sending there report it disgusts me how they can do this to people and sleep at night its shocking, I'm also worried now as Ive been waiting for 2 weeks for a copy of assessors report and I phoned today and was told the person didn't even put in the request for a copy from when I phoned the first time I never thought anything of this but I'm reading more and more bad storys about lies from them I think its all tactics on there part.
  • exdx
    Options
    also woman on the phone said they don't have to give the copy until they get the decision is that right? I said I can ask for a copy at any time to her
  • dee4848
    dee4848 Community member Posts: 256 Pioneering
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Waylay said:
    You can do this. Don't let them unfairly drive you to suicide. Fight the ********!  
    This is not a nice word to be calling anybody this is disgusting and I'm very dissapointed Scope let you use this word 
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @exdx, I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with PIP - it sounds like you're having a really tough time.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

Take care.

• exdx
    Options
    hey all I got the copy of assesors report today and I dunno weather it was because her English was not that great she has a lot of mistakes and I don't expect to get my pip to start off even tho I brought in all my medication which is medication for depression,aniexty and medication for anti-sickness she has put down I take no medication I brought the medication and showed her it on the day, for some reason even tho I told I I do not cook my own meals to due me sometimes forgetting to leave the cooker on and walking away she has put I cook my own food, also shes put I remember my medication each day when I wake up when I actually told her my mum or family member have my meds and will make me take them at the right times due to me trying to kill myself with overdose in past, now the nexrt part which has baffled me which I dunno is a actual mistake on her part of just a pure lie, I told her I don't leave the house unless I need yo i.e gps appointment and the pip meeting I once went 3 years without leaving the house and never attend any family socials because of my anxiety as its really bad I don't even come down and see family members if there in my own house its tht bad, yet she did put down that I feel anxious and isoclated myself but has put he does attend any social gatherings which baffles me as I take away the gp meetings and leaving the house for medicial reasons the last time I left my home for any other reason my about 2011 for family event I just don't go out now I dunno if that was a actual mistake on her part because her English was not that good and she has a lot of spelling mistakes in her report I'm thinking she meant to write he does not attend I dunno why shes put that, she also put down I make my own bidgeting decisions even tho I told her my mum controls my bank and I don't deal with any of that stuff, atleast she did write down I looked unshaven and unkempt, she did right I needed prompting during assessment by mum and I was fidety, ive went through it all and she hasn't gave me the points she should have on thing I clearly stated and if I didn't state it clear enough my mum would repeat what I said to her having said all that she then baffles me at the end saying she thinks I should be awarded it etc and says a review should happen in 2 years, I actually believe due to her English not being that great and my very bad anxiety she may have not heard me or maybe I'm just giving her too much credit, anyways time will tell there is plenty in that report for me to appeal no matter what 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.