Hi, my name is maddieking! HELP ME — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is maddieking! HELP ME

maddieking
maddieking Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I think I've messed up!!!! NEED HELP PLEASE 

I think I've had a huge mistake omg!!! My heart is pounding. To cut a long story short, had a home assessment, he was a nice guy, abit unprofessional really with the stuff he was saying but he made me feel at ease. Once I got the text to say they'd received his assessment, I phoned and asked for a copy which I received.

Points were
11 daily living 
10 mobility

However  there were alot of things in his report that weren't accurate and like a ****, I pointed them out in a letter as did my daughter who is my carer
For example:I am incontinent of both bladder and bowels
And when it happens, my daughter needs to help clean me as I can't reach and find it so tiring but I scored 0 points

So I went through the report and where I felt I should have scored points and where he scored me zero, I explained why I felt I should have the points and evidenced it.

Like I never travel alone on unfamiliar journeys
So I explained why and showed a Drs letter where it said i have a history of panic attacks and anxiety.
Anyway, its now with the decision maker and i was told has referred back to the medical assessor. 

I actually got the chance to speak to a case manager before I sent the letter and I asked should I sent it before or wait for my decision then use what info I have for mandatory reconsideration and she said to send it before. 

And I'm worried I opened my mouth a little too soon and I'm going to get points taken off!!!!!

I suppose it depends how the medical assessor responds.

Can anyone advise me?

Have I been a ****?

Xxx

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @maddieking Pleased to meet you welcome. All I say is that I have done so many of these assessments.

After every one you arrive home thinking should have said that should have said this.

Understand the situation and do feel for you. It is not easy.

If you want to add more.  Which you have clearly done so. I would add this is anxiety I had this myself. Will I get points knocked off. Understand to reassure you I should not hope so.

Please do not worry I know it is easy to say that but. End of the day you have done your best. Opportunities to supply more information send it.

Best wishes for a good result.

Hope you take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • maddieking
    @thespiceman thank you so so much for your reply. I do appreciate it. 
    This is my 1st time ever applying so it's all new to me.
    Thank you once again for taking the time to reply 
    Have a good day 
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Maddie (?) @maddieking and a very warm welcome to you. I am very glad you got such a sensible response from my good friend the spiceman, and I can only back him up. What you have done sounds eminently sensible and reasonable to me.
    We do have benefits experts here who will be in touch with you in due course, so that if things do go wrong - and that is unlikely to have anything to do with your additional information - they will be here to help you.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad

• maddieking
    Thank you Richard, I appreciate your reply. It's done now so I shall just wait for the brown envelope to arrive!! No doubt, I will be back ? 
    Thank you both again for replying 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.