I have semi diagnosed mild CP now maybe fibromyalgia... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have semi diagnosed mild CP now maybe fibromyalgia...

Options
RhabAdnam
RhabAdnam Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi all, those who have read my few posts will be aware of my bizarre CP status (short leg tendons some ataxia, mentioned on my files but not to me!). I have recently had some trouble with pain in my legs and arms and in general frankly and a doctor has suggested that it might be fibromyalgia. Has anyone else here experienced this? 

Comments

• sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    Options
    No sorry but I have two friends who have fybromylgia and can be quite unwell with it. From my friends account I think fybromylgia is distinct as pain on both sides of the body. Like both legs will hurt. Both arms. Both sides of the head or face etc. But I don't suffer it so I cant say for sure and it might be different for different people. 
       I also just wanted to reply to your post and say hello. 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • pigeon55
    pigeon55 Community member Posts: 116 Courageous
    Options
    I've just been on the Web site you recommend Debbiedo49 regarding fibromyalgia. The reason for my visit was due to my conditions. Constant pain in most joints due to osteoarthritis nerve problems tiredness unable to sleep for more than 2 hrs at a time. Depression and anxiety tinnitus and ibs. After reading the information regarding symptoms for fibromyalgia I seam to have quite a few. I'm under the care of pain management at my local hospital  but there has not been any mention of me having fibromyalgia.
    Pigeon55
  • debbiedo49
    Options
    My gp says they are now allowed to diagnose fibromyalgia rather than go through hospital consultant. 
  • RhabAdnam
    RhabAdnam Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    It was the pain management people who brought it up. I have a lot of trouble with my tendons now. I guess it attacks where I'm weakest.
  • debbiedo49
    Options
    Its one of those trial and error type conditions in terms of pain management. I was going to ask my gp if they have a pain management clinic.

Brightness