Esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa

Options
Korrina
Korrina Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Can anyone tell me if i should have recieved  the paperwork from esa medical which states how many points irecieved as i have not had one ..had letter informing  me of change from support related to work related and a copy of actual medical report ..is that it ? Dont know how many points i got and eaiting to go to cab ..fo i neef this ? Thanku 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Korrina Pleased to meet you. You have rung up DWP have you may I ask?

I assume that they would send to you paperwork as soon as you had your assessment.

I would contact DWP.  They may be sending the paperwork to you. Sometimes there are delays.

Any problems regarding benefit speak to our advisors @BenefitsTrainingCo .

Also look at any of our posts or threads on benefits with any problems or issues.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Korrina
    Korrina Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hello .yes i rang them and they sent me out the actual doctors report which was full of lies !!! But not recieved the paperwork with regards to how many points i recieved ..that was what i was expecting when i rang dwp but not what they sent me x
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi Korrina,

Usually the assessment report will contain all the activity descriptors and they will have ticked which descriptor you satisfy for each one. This will tell you which descriptors applied to you but not the points. The DWP generally accepts these recommended choices and adopts them and their points as their own. 
    You can find the ESA descriptors and points here:

https://www.sense.org.uk/get-support/information-and-advice/welfare-benefits/esa/esa-descriptors/

If you don't agree with a decision you can ask for a mandatory reconsideration and then an appeal to the tribunals service. Good luck.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.