Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal

Options
ruby12
ruby12 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
hi ive just received a letter from the HM Courts & Tribunal Service. It states the appeal is adjourned for an oral hearing which I can attend if I feel I want to. They have also asked me to sign a form to ontain medical records....... do you think this is promising?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

This doesn't mean anything. All it means is exactly what it is says, they've asked you to sign a form so they can get more evidence from your GP/Consultant. It means the evidence you sent wasn't enough.

As they've adjourned it for a oral hearing, did you ask for a paper based decision? Seems like this is the case. The Tribunal will always prefer you to attend the hearing in person or a representative to attend on your behalf. The chances of winning the Tribunal are 70% for those that appear in person, much lower for those that don't.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ruby12
    ruby12 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    Hi, thanks for reply. Yep I’m my original appeal I ticked postal but as they have hinted to go on person I will. They have had letters from my gp, consultant & occupational health where I work so wasn’t sure why they need more medical evidence? Cheers 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.