Receiving lower rate PIP. Am I entitled to any other benefits? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Receiving lower rate PIP. Am I entitled to any other benefits?

Options
MattBelGem
MattBelGem Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi there, I came across your website and thought it might benefit me to actually find out things I'm unsure about, I have sivere Fibromyalgia and Costochondritis I'm in receipt of lower rate Pip, but nothing else this past 3 years! And never looked to see if I'm entitled to any benefits?! Until I saw this and decided to join to find out. Thank you in advance. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @MattBelGem Welcome pleased to meet you.

Have you seen our posts and threads on What Benefits Am I Entitled to. Also may I add I am sure one of the team or the community may be able to assist or advise you.

I hope that helps. Also have a look around for anything you require on information on your conditions. Just a suggestion.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @MattBelGem and a warm welcome to the community. 
    Otherwise I'm just backing up the spiceman here. This is a list of categories which you could have a look through. You will certainly find fibromyalgia posts in the 'Dealing with chronic pain' thread, and though I'm unfamiliar with it, costochondritis is obviously a painful business too.
    In relation to your benefits questions, you could try out our online benefits calculator here and, as the spiceman says, others who know more will be in touch with you in due course.
    Hope that's of some help, but don't hesitate to get back to us with more questions or details. We're here and listening :smile:
    Warmest best wishes to you
    Richard
    @JennysDad

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.