Heart broken.....health report is full of lies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Heart broken.....health report is full of lies

Andy2502
Andy2502 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
Received a copy of my health report today from DWP and it might as Well of been of someone else they where assessing as none of it is true or even related to me or my condition phoned PIP I'm not entitled to anything as the woman as basically lied is every answer 

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Do a Mandatory reconsideration and try and get a letter from close family or friend and the GP.
    Dont give up its streesful but fight for Pip.your not alone lots of people on here who can help.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Andy2502

Sorry to hear your bad news.  This kind of thing happens all the time.  Your next step is to ask DWP for a mandatory reconsideration (MR). Disability Rights UK site has a good guide to all stages of PIP.
  • Andy2502
    I've asked over the phone for a MR my brother has written a three page letter correcting all of the assessors 'mistakes I've written a letter saying what points I feel I should be awarded and why, that will be posted tomorrow and I've got a doctors appointment on the 15th to get a letter 
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi Andy2502
    I know exactly how you feel, this is what has happened to me. Its so unfair, whats makes my blood boil is if you had lied on your forms you can go to prison for this, however there getting away with lying on peoples assessment reports! Its about time something was done about this. Good luck with your MR appeal!
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear. So frustrating and disappointing 

May I fully recommend the Scope helpline as I called after a similar thing. I was given help to involve my mp and given lots of ideas as to how to fight. 

You ARE entitled. You ARE worth it all. It's so so hard but it is possible to get it sorted. 
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Go to welfare rights team at your local council for advice . 
  • Andy2502
    Thank you everyone for your advice, my brother wrote a strongly worded letter saying the report was full of lies and was completely fabricatered and went through each bit pointing out the mistakes and telling the truth, I have written a letter going through what points I feel I deserve and why on each section and we have sent those in I just have to get a doctors letter and I will send that in and see where it goes from there I have a UC assessment Friday and when I get the results of that and if that truly reflects my condition I shall send a copy of that in as Well I'm just going to bombard them with everything which contradicts what the health assessor says 
  • Laura99
    Laura99 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    Don't let this break you. It happens all the time. If your Mandatory Reconsideration does not succeed then go for a Tribunal.

It has taken me a whole year to get a tribunal. They reversed the decision of the DWP so it was well worth it. I got a year's PIP backdated.

I am sure that everyone here feels for you and has probably been in the same boat. Please take heart. Let us know how things go.
  • LindaBH
    LindaBH Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    This happened to my daughter and my brother I sent a strongly worded letter pointing out all their mistakes and said I wouldn't hesitate to get my local MP and National News involved, both got their payments back dated and paid, don't give up, be strong and fight you are entitled.
  • daisyboo10
    daisyboo10 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Sorry to hear this Andy, Im awaiting my results of assessment , I do think they have their own systen to trick and try to ease replies out of you.
  • daisyboo10
    daisyboo10 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Ive heard that PIP also text the decision oes anyone know if this is accurate?
  • sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    justg72 said:
    Hi Andy2502
    I know exactly how you feel, this is what has happened to me. Its so unfair, whats makes my blood boil is if you had lied on your forms you can go to prison for this, however there getting away with lying on peoples assessment reports! Its about time something was done about this. Good luck with your MR appeal!
    justg72 so true every word you said hear, why isn't someone in power doing something about this? think there's more to this behind the scenes then what we realise to be honest.

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    This is, unfortunately, something that many of us here have experienced. You deserve a fair response from them. Please keep fighting!
  • jcustom24
    jcustom24 Community member Posts: 1 Connected
    So sorry to hear what you're going through Andy. I'm going through the same thing. Lies from the assessor, and implying that I'm a liar. I've written a long letter putting right every lie from the assessor but it's ignored at every appeal and so is the medical evidence! They are determined to take away what disabled people are entitled to. 
    I'm due to go to the tribunal but from what I've been told from other people I don't believe it's impartial. Our daughter drove a friend to her tribunal and sat with her through it. They asked if she drove herself there and our friend said no our daughter did, but afterwards the decision said that she drove herself! So lies just like the assessment!
    What I'd like to know is what happens after a tribunal refusal, what are we all living on? Can't sign on for jobseekers etc. because we ARE disabled and can't work. I can't seem to find an answer to this. Looking at the forum there are so many of us that have been denied PIP, but what next?
    This is a crime on a national scale on the disabled and it's high time it was dealt with!
    Wishing you all the best with your appeal Andy.
  • Andy2502
    Although I know it's a different benefit but I had a Universal credit work capability assessment Friday and within 2 hours I had a phone call from my doctors saying they had a phone call from them saying they where worried about my mental health so it is looking more promising once UC receive the report I shall ask for a copy and send it to PIP as most of the questions I was asked where the same and the 'exercises' I had to do where in a lot more detail to my neurological problems but this will be proof to them as to how wrong capita where in what they had said as it was recorded too so they can listen to the interview as Well
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @jcustom24 I think the thing that gets to me the most is that, by giving me 0 points, they are essentially telling me that I'm a liar, and trying to claim fraudulently. It makes me furious and humiliated, by turns. 
  • Andy2502
    Waylay said:
    @jcustom24 I think the thing that gets to me the most is that, by giving me 0 points, they are essentially telling me that I'm a liar, and trying to claim fraudulently. It makes me furious and humiliated, by turns. 
    That's how I felt and with my mental state I was convinced because the assessor said I was fine i must be fine so I stopped using my crutches and tried acting as if I didn't have my illness, I ended up falling over brusing my hip and arm and knocking a cup of tea over me that was freshly made. Needless to say I started using my crutches and have gone back to doing thing within my limitations 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Don't let assessors make you feel guilty.  Many assessors are either incompetent, liars, or a combination of the two.  That is why so many appeals succeed.

Some assessors tell blatant lies.  My Atos assessor wrote in her report that she watched me take my bag off over my head, put it down on the floor and pick it up again later.  At no time, not even during the exercises, did I take my bag off.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Andy2502 Sorry what you are going through. You have been given the usual walk over and the blatant treatment by these so called medical assessors.

Absolutely 100% behind you for a successful appeal and hope you get the positive outcome.

Last time I still do wanted a lawyer to be present. Because that is the only way in my judgement and opinion this has to stop.

Seems no one is listening to us. So we a community need to do something .  I have to go through PIP first time but I know myself.

Could be problems and issues already.

One proposal I had and still think it is common sense. Is to have a legal representation. Either Advocate or other legal or welfare support there. 

The report are typed out on computer. Copy drafted off. Signed by you and the medical assessor.  Plus your welfare or legal representation.  To verify contents true to the word.

Because in my long time being reassessed constantly I did ask for a copy of the report in the interview. Got shouted down so I as I always do made a point how do I know what you have said.

Because you told me. So word for word then. Yet every report is not is it. As we all have seen.

Including myself many times so many. Being a worn out record. Last time was successful in ESA but how more times of failures I have endured.

Situation calls for it does it not. Obviously if you were in a law of court and did the same lying. Then surely that is contempt of the court and lying.  Subject to the courts.

We have a been told all this . Assessments are created by Acts of Parliaments and by law you have to tell the truth.  Under Welfare laws you are always told on the first initial induction to an assessment.  In fact in any benefit.

You can not behave in a way that intolerant in the assessment.  Calls into question then the system is flawed.  Understand I have been subjected to torture. Sorry if that is a strong word. Been through nightmares of doing these exercises and prove to them and the most embarrassment my support team. That am capable of doing simple tasks by putting my arms in the air. Crouching down, standing on one leg. What exactly if and when I could do it. As I proved could not . 

The only way is to test these assessors by calling into question the medical report and the honest truth there and then.

Needs challenging.  By law or by employing as I have said legality.

Once the assessor realise the implications of being challenged by legal means then they have to comply with the assessments. Done correctly and being fair.

These are my views and opinions but no one in Government is going to listen.

No matter how many pleas from Cross Party Committees.  To deal with our community and this heart breaking wrenching situation and more importantly harming and hurting our selves. As a community. 

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.