How do you apply for a mobility vehicle? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do you apply for a mobility vehicle?

Dingbat
Dingbat Community member Posts: 19 Connected
edited May 2018 in Transport and travel
Recently had my assessment for PIP with Capita, which having read a number of websites and forums are by far the best Company when having a PIP assessment.  I am 63 have a number of health issues.  I wondered if anyone could advise me please regarding if I am eligible for mobility allowance, and at the higher rate, how do you go about applying for a mobility vehicle?

Many thanks in advance

Dingbat :)

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Dingbat and a very warm welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    I'm only the first to respond to you - others will be along in due course - and you'll make a lot of good, supportive friends here.
    I'm not qualified to advise you on the mobility/motability issues, but we do have people here who are and who will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
    It sounds as if it might be useful for you to try the online benefits test, which would help you get some idea of your entitlements.
    In the meantime don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions or to tell us more about yourself.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Dingbat Pleased to meet you and welcome.

Glad you joined.

Hope you find the information and advice you need.

Also what my friend  @JennysDad says there are members of the team who will contact you.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,911 Disability Gamechanger
    To be eligible for a mobility scheme then you must first have an award of Enhanced mobility PIP. If your claim is successful and you have this award then you can take your PIP award letter to any car dealers that deal with mobility and they will help you. You can't join this scheme unless you have that award. If you do then once you sign for your car then all mobility payments will go straight to pay the car and not to yourself. See link for full details of the mobility scheme.
    https://www.motability.co.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dingbat
    Dingbat Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    @poppy123456 Thanks for your reply poppy.  Not sure if you could do it without the award, like from your own money.  Will have to wait and see what the brown envelope holds when it comes! :)

• leannemich
    leannemich Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    If you get enhanced rate mobility, take your letter to the car dealership where you want your car from and they order it for you :) 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Dingbat said:
    @poppy123456 Thanks for your reply poppy.  Not sure if you could do it without the award, like from your own money.  Will have to wait and see what the brown envelope holds when it comes! :)

You need Enhanced rate mobility PIP otherwise you can't join the scheme. Please read the link i posted, it tells you this and more in there.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness