Advice for home assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice for home assessment?

ridler123
ridler123 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My wife is being assessed in 2 days we didn't ask for a home visit but they are coming anyway my wife cannot walk without my assistance she cannot prepare food .she has to use a wheelchair or scooter when we go out. .we have stairs in our house which we have to struggle up and down every day and can be quiet dangerous.she was told we cannot have a stair lift because she has M/S.we were on the higher rate DLA. she is we are worried sick now she will loose our benift and car have you any advice thanks

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    I have had 2 home visits in the past without asking for them, they will not look around your house just be truthful and beforehand study the pip descriptors and how your wife's disability affects her in carrying out these and hopefully you will get a good result 
    Try not to bombard them with medical evidence and stick to the facts and you should be ok 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community, @ridler123!

All the best for your home assessment- I'm sure our community members will be able to share their experiences and offer some reassurance. This guidance on preparing for a PIP assessment may also help- there's a section on home visits. Do let us know how it goes, and if there's anything we can help you with in the meantime, just let us know.
  • ridler123
    Thank you all very much good advice fingers crossed 
  • leannemich
    leannemich Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    I had a home assessment and have stairs without a stair lift and she didn’t mention anything like that :) 
    I was awarded enhanced rate both, try not to worry too much and good luck ?
  • ridler123
    Thankyou that's good to know 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.