Help with PIP form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with PIP form

groovymama70
groovymama70 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone I'm new here, I've recently applied for PIP but really panicking and stressing over filling form which has to be in by the 13th, I know it's not much time but any advise would be greatly appreciated 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @groovymama70

A very very big welcome to you this evening.

We have got lots of resources here on our site.

I’m very very happy in helping you with these.

l’m also very very happy in offering my services if that would be helpful???? 
  • groovymama70
    Hi steve51 hope your well, thank you for offering your advice I'm really finding the PIP form daunting task, just the length of it alone is scary, as mine is mental health I'm unsure what answers to put on the questions on what I can and can' do for myself
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @groovymama70

That’s no probs, yes I have got the same “M/H”

Yes they can be very difficult but I suppose that’s why they make them hard in the first place.

I am very very happy in helping you with things if that would help you ????
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @groovymama70, and welcome!

Citizens Advice has some great online guidance for filling in the PIP form which I'd definitely recommend checking out.
  • annmarie60
    annmarie60 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi @groovymama70
    If you ring them you can apply for an extention. I did and got two weeks extra. Hope this help
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Ooh! Hello  as above I was going to say, I called and got a 2 week extension as I found it difficult to cope with.

May I recommend (though take with a pinch of salt and do what is best for you) typing out your pip. If you have access to computer or phone etc. I'm not able to handwrite without extreme pain and FINALLY this time I got had it confirmed that you can do it on computer. 

I found this MUCH easier as I could make notes, change things easily, come back to it when I was tired etc. 

On the page, I wrote which question number and typed out the question and typed answer. In the form I was told to write 'please see typed notes   

It helped me collect my thoughts and I could ask for help easily
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I got the welfare rights officer at the council to help me fill mine in. I think that’s a great idea typing up the answers !
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Disability Rights UK site has a good guide to all stages of PIP including form completion.  They also give a draft diary that you can adapt.  Include a 7 day diary with your application.  And of course ask for a time extension.
  • groovymama70
    Thank you everyone for all your advice, I have called the DWP for an extension and also got an appointment tomorrow with an adviser to help me fill out the form which is a big relief ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.