still no tribunal date — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

still no tribunal date

Options
rainbow58
rainbow58 Community member Posts: 80 Courageous
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
i had my assessment last august and 9 months on still have no date for a tribunal.this is stressing me out i cannot function day to day even though i am trying not to dwell on it.I know some tribunals at my local CAB have been cancelled but for what reason I  don't know.i dread the dreaded brown envelope arriving on y doorstep.Has anyone waited this long ?

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @rainbow58

You're definitely not alone with experiencing long waiting times for a tribunal, other members of the community have discussed this previously.

Are you able to contact the tribunal clerk? They should be able to tell you the approximate waiting time in your area.

I hope this helps!
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    9 months is not unusual they usually give you one months notice before the date
    When i rang the court at the start of my appeal i was told 24 weeks to wait i then rang them at 21 weeks only to be told it was now 36 weeks.
    It must be costing the government more with court appeals than they are saving by cutting benefits.
  • JustJan
    JustJan Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Options
    I had my assessment last may,i only got a date for tribunal in april this year. It was adjoured to access medical records so its still on going. All i can suggest is try to put it out of your mind,at least until you get a date. When you get the letter it could say the date is 8 weeks away. I know its really hard to put it out of your mind but thats what i have had to do now. It made me ill all the waiting. Maybe give them a call again. 
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    I had my assessment in December 2016 and my appeal is still going on 18 months later is that a record ?
  • ataloss2018
    ataloss2018 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi @rainbow58

You're definitely not alone with experiencing long waiting times for a tribunal, other members of the community have discussed this previously.

Are you able to contact the tribunal clerk? They should be able to tell you the approximate waiting time in your area.

I hope this helps!
    How do you contact a Tribunal Clerk?  The number on the Tribunal Appeal letters just takes you thru to a call centre where they are not very helpful, all they give you is the average wait time for the area and to say your appeal date has been extended by another 2 weeks.

Wife has been waiting 41 weeks and no word yet, so frustrating and the stress it causes is sometimes overbearing for her.
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @ataloss2018,

That would be the number I was referring to, unfortunately. It really is stressful to wait for a long time and be unsure of when you will hear anything, I'm sorry that your wife is has been experiencing that for so long.
  • joyclyn
    joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Options
    I waited about 6 months then rang tribunal number and was told about 8 weeks it was today as I wrote  but yes it was about the time they stated  
  • karenass8
    karenass8 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I was waiting for over 9 months I finally got my date had the appeal today and won lolxx o:)
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
    Yay @karenass8

I've been waiting 8 months. No sign of a date... 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.