Statement of Reasons — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Statement of Reasons

johanne23
johanne23 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Statement of Reasons. I won my PIPS appeal on 20th February. The court decided I should get the amount I had previously been getting, plus the standard mobility component.  The DWP are considering appealing the whole decision. The judge has been reminded 3 times to produce the SOR and I have written to him directly but still the SOR have not been produced. Is there anything I can do to get this done soone4 rather than later?  Many thanks.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @johanne23 Pleased to meet you. Welcome

I am not sure about the answer. I hope one of our team can help.

Hope to find a solution.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    The DWP have a timescale to appeal the decision which i would imagine has expired by now so you should not be worried about a statement of reasons as you won your appeal 
    I would imagine they are preparing your brown envelope i would contact the DWP and tell them  it is 12 weeks since the appeal and it's time they sent you an award letter.
    Good luck 
  • johanne23
    johanne23 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
     Many thanks for your reply. I think you might have jumped the gun a bit though. They are considering appealing, once they have seen the statement of reasons of which the judge has yet to do and the court has yet to send out. Am I correct in this assertion? 
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Thanks its just i could not understand why you were chasing the judge when it is the DWP who are wanting to see the SOR  there is going to have to be an error of law with the decision for them to be able to appeal and not because they don't agree with it .
    I know it can drag on but be patient and in the end they will have to backdate any monies to you.
    My appeal has taken 18 months and i am still waiting because the DWP have dragged their feet at every stage .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.