No PIP after reconsideration - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No PIP after reconsideration

2»

Comments

• Adi72
    Adi72 Community member Posts: 47 Connected
    @Laura99 Thank you so much for sharing your details.It helps alot. I put my daughters PIP application in at the beginning of March and the reconsideration in April and we heard 2 weeks ago that was a No!So it all went through wuite quickly.Beg of March through to now included the application and reconsideration decision.So now onto appeal.Hope she gets it as all my benefits and support for her illness and learning relies on that. Thanks so much again for your help x
  • Laura99
    Laura99 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    Debbie, you're right. I found the whole thing extremely depressing and I felt as though the DWP believed that I had been lying in order to get something for nothing. It is an awful system.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    That's true, @debbiedo49.  I had no mental health issues before I went through PIP.  Not so sure now, though! :)
  • Adi72
    Adi72 Community member Posts: 47 Connected
    You have kindly replied to me before and I wanted to ask your advice if its ok.

I dont know if you remember but my daughters PIP was declined and we are waiting to go to appeal.Just applied.

Im wondering how i am going to manage financially as my benefits stop in a month and the tax credits will be halved.My ex pays half the mortgage and a tiny bit of maintenance.Worried about managing if it takes 6-9 months?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Adi72 said:
    You have kindly replied to me before and I wanted to ask your advice if its ok.

I dont know if you remember but my daughters PIP was declined and we are waiting to go to appeal.Just applied.

Im wondering how i am going to manage financially as my benefits stop in a month and the tax credits will be halved.My ex pays half the mortgage and a tiny bit of maintenance.Worried about managing if it takes 6-9 months?
    Pop your details into this benefits calculator and it will tell you what you can claim.

If the Tribunal is success then your Carers Allowance will be backdated to when it stopped.

As you were claiming Income Support along side the Carers Allowance, you'll need to see what's in your area. If your area is a full Universal Credit area then it will be this you'll have to claim.

Once you claim UC then you can't go back onto the legacy benefits like Income Support/JSA.

The Tribunal date could take several months, even a year in some areas. Hopefully for you it won't be that long. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Adi72

I suggest you go to CAB or similar for financial advice.

Also, phone National Debtline if you are likely to have a problem with debts.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.