M.P complaint - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

M.P complaint

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @bevt2017 Good evening.  That's OK that's good to hear you.  Anytime.  I am here been on all day on and off.  Just bad mentally.  Anxiety and the weather keep warm and safe.

So all my friends like your self helping me mentally.  Thank you all lol.

Lot better my friend has ploughed through the snow to reach me.  Suffering got food and stores, rang him for meds.  Wrote it down but forgot it.  So he picked up prescription.

Enough happy pills for a month, does help.

I did do my life story about a year to do.  Yes a year .  So much.  Problem was seeing every morning.  The whole book case that big.  Remember a lot of stuff had to get it out.

Bought a shredder took me months to do it.  Cost me a fortune in paper and A4 Binders.

I also what has not helped all of us who suffer.  Is Savile that bloke not only effected his victims but then others who suddenly realised.  Why they are ill.

I got triggers of this again I'm sure that what set it all off.  Buried in my head.  Here's the other thing.  It never goes away.

One day when that will be I will start dating again.

Big issue is that meeting people.  Who do not understand me at all.

My favourite joke at the minute dating.  So I put an ad in the paper and all the good things.   Good looking with out the glasses,  Likes making a spectacle of one's self. GSOH must have.  Own hair and teeth.  Really rich so much money when I go to the loo spend a penny. The Mystery Man.

Got one reply my Mother .

Just my luck 

Hope you take care speak to you soon

Hope your day went well.

your friend
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • bevt2017
    bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Hi everyone and @PippaScope @CockneyRebel

Just an update about the M.P complaint.

My MPs office contacted my husband on Friday.
    She is going to write a complaints letter, to DWP and ATOS "on my behalf" about the appalling way I have been treated.

She has a meeting, a week on Tuesday, with the minister of state for DWP.
    So she has asked me for more information, so she can use my case, has an example.

me and my husband have also been invited, to go and visit her at their office.
    Sounds promising?

I will let you all know how I get on?
    Bev :)
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Bev

That does sound positive, thanks for letting us know

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Hey sounds good. Give as much info as you can.
    and please remember the rest of us who are suffering too and also need her help to deal with the DWP.
    Many thanks 
  • bevt2017
    Hi @CockneyRebel

You know a lot about P.I.P?

Today my husband recieved a phone call from DWP.

They said the reason they were ringing him. Was that she noticed that I had mentioned, something about being ignored?
    They said that the decision letter they would send out, will be addressed to my husband and not me? "she didn't want me to get upset"
    They said the decision will be made today, and we should receive it in about 7-10 days?

But then they told my husband, about the mandatory re-consideration has an option?
    That to me makes me think they have rejected it?

My husband asked why they asked him, were I got my wheelchair from? They said because some people say they borrowed it from a relative?

Yesterday after I recieved the assessment report. "I can't believe he lied on most of questions".
    I wanted to end it all.
    I just couldn't read anymore, and wanted to give up fighting

"But today I am angry"

I still haven't managed to go through the report. "Im to stressed"
    And just need a break.

My husband has contacted ASOS twice, about the complaint package. 
    "Which we haven't recieved still"

Who do I contact instead?
    Thanks
    Bev
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi bev

At the time of the phone call, the decision may not have been made and the reference to MR does not mean you have been refused. If a decision had/has been made, then it maybe lower than you expect/deserve which would make the next step to be taken is an MR

Have you managed to go through the report and add the points ?

As for the complaints package, you can try contacting them again and as your MP seems to be on your side I would let them know the difficulty you are having with this

CR  
  • bevt2017
     @CockneyRebel

Hi CR

Ok thanks! 
    Maybe I'm just predicting the worse?
    I have been told that they can't change my first claim? has it was court ordered? Is that right?
    I only wanted them to change my mobility?
    But like you say, there is always a risk.

I'm going to look at it again tomorrow. "So I will let you know"  
    about the points.

I've told him to ring them again tomorrow, and ask to speak to somene senior this time.

Yes! My husband seems to think she has already been in contact?

The lady at the deaf society has already told me off for saying I want to give up.
    I need to get my head right then tackle it again.
    I may ask for your help again

Thanks CR
    Bev
  • CockneyRebel
    edited March 2018
    Hi bev

A new decision will supercede any previous award even if awarded by tribunal
    I will be here if and when I can be of assisstance

CR
  • bevt2017
    Hi @CockneyRebel

So Sorry I still haven't been able to read all the assessment.
    It's just lies after lies, it's shocking.
    Every time I read it, I start crying.

My MP is traveling to London this morning. For the meeting with The Secretary of State for P.I.P. tomorrow. Her office has said they will contact me Asap with the outcome of that meeting?

My husband contacted P.I.P this morning. Only because there was a payment made by DWP, and we didn't know what that was for?.

Anyway! DWP have changed my living and mobility to the enhanced rate. They have also back dated payment, from when i re-applied.

Why did DWP put me through that assessment? Only to ignore what the assessor has written in his report?
    It doesn't make sence?
    They sent a paramedic who knew nothing about "sweets sydrone" or my infections?
    He made the assessment, bassed on my looks only?

Regardless of P.I.P award, I am still going to make a complaint to ASOS.
    The ASOS complaint details came on Saturday. "After a third phone call to them from my husband".
    So I will do that ASAP.

Both DWP and ASOS have appologised to my husband. For all the stress and upset they have caused me.

For me it's been horrific!
    I haven't eaten in days,
    I Have another infection now on my face, all because of all the stress.

I will let you know about the MPs outcome?. And my ASOS complaint?

Thanks again for everyone's support. 
    Bev
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi bev

I am sorry that you had to go through all this.
    I am really happy that you have beem given the award you deserve, Thank you for letting us know
    Please do try and eat

CR
  • bevt2017
    Hi Everyone!

"Im just giving you an update".

Today I recieved an email, from my MPs office.
    They told me that the meeting with my MP and The Secretary of State for P.I.P, had been cancelled on Tuesday?.
    "After they had travelled all the way to london". 
    But that they have arranged, another meeting in about 2 weeks time?.

They then asked me, if anyone had been in contact with Me?.
    I said the only people who have contacted my husband was DWP
    And apparently that was only a courtesy call.
    To let me know that they were going to make a decision that day. And that the decision letter would be addressed to my husband and not me. 
    They also said that they didn't want me to get upset about that? 

"I thought that was very strange they have never done that before"?

Anyway! I told them that DWP had in fact given me my award.
    "Regardless of the assessment report"? 
    They said well that's (surprising) because out of the 10 cases they were bringing to the meeting. I am the 5th person, to be told that DWP have called and sorted out my claim.
    I said but it was sorted well before Tuesday?
    They said that they had sent all 10 cases to the minister, about a week before the meeting.

"Now it makes sence"

So I thanked them for what they have done for me.
    But because of the assessment and report. I was still going to make a complaint to ASOS.
    "No one should be treated like that" They agreed! And they would also let me know how the meeting goes.

Thanks everyone for your support
    Bev x
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @bevt2017 and it is good to hear from you.
    I'm surprised anyone was surprised that the DWP, facing interrogation by your MP, suddenly found a way to resolve your claim :smile: I think it's called 'ducking and diving' and very much suggests they knew they were skating on thin ice.
    Anyway, it seems to have worked for you, which is what matters. I hope this means you can relax a little and start to eat properly and take care of yourself.
    Very warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • bevt2017
    Hi @JennysDad

Thanks Richard  :)

I'm so happy I asked for help now.
    I wasn't sure if it would do any good to be honest.
    I'm going to visit with them soon, just to say thank you in person.

I am eating a little now thank you.

And i start sign lauguge on Monday  :)

I have also agreed to go to councilling. 
    Bev x
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    All the very best to you, Bev. Take care now <3
  • cooper1965
    cooper1965 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi Bev just logged on see how your claim was going and understand that you have won a great victory. I am delighted for you and your husband.your strength and fighting spirit have shown there strength in the hard battle you have had.i think that you and your experience could be a help to many who have yet to go into battle.    Once again well done                
  • bevt2017
    Hi @cooper1965

A big "thank you" to you, for all your help, advice and support.

You and the community have helped me so much.  :)

And you have given me the strength i needed to carry on.

So "Thank you"
    Bev <3
  • bevt2017
    Hi everyone!

just an update! "sorry for the late reply"

My husband received a phone call from my MPs office on Friday morning, asking if we would like to come down to see them? They said "its always good to meet face to face". When we got there everyone was so nice, and we was greeted at the lift by my MPs assistant. "unfortunately my MP was still in London"
    Then they took us through to the MPs office, so we could have a chat "they even had pens and paper ready, to communicate with me, and ask me questions" I loved that.
    They asked me a bit about my life? about my disability's? and how they affect me?.
    Then we started to go through the assessment report! "I was very emotional" 

They said:- Even though they have sorted out 5 cases "out of 10". they are still going to inform the "The secretary of state for DWP" about the shocking way people are being treated, and that the selection processes is seriously flawed. people are suffering at the hands of "in my case a paramedic" that are not qualified to make decisions on medical conditions.
    They are also challenging "The secretary of state for DWP" that that the process needs to be changed. And that "ATOS" are clearly lying in their reports and assessments.
    Not only are they "bending" the facts they are also causing people unnecessary upset and distress.
    They also told me that "ministers do not have power but they do have influence" 
    "They then brought out a file with everything I have sent to them".
    They want me to send them my assessment report "which clearly states they have "NOT" written an accurate report. they have lied, and they have clearly left out vital "medical evidence". 

They have arranged another appointment next week, with "The secretary of state for DWP" so I will let you know how they get on?
    I am still going through the assessment report, to make a serious complaint to "ASOS". "I'm not giving up" 
    Bev x
  • bevt2017
    Hi everyone and @nannap

Sorry I have been so busy with this ASOS complaint and my MP ect.
    I will post what's been happening later on today.
    It's My first day out in months.
    Thanks for the messages.
    Bev
  • NannaP
    NannaP Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Hi @bevt2017 .
    Hope your well and all going good for you.
    It was a waste of my time with my MP. No help at all. M R stayed the same. As of next week I will be housebound as car goes back. Waiting for paperwork to come through so I can start tribunal. 
    Good luck sweet
    P x
  • bevt2017
    Hi @NannaP

I'm doing ok thank you :) 
    I'm disgusted your MP has done nothing to help you. 
    I know all to well what its like being trapped in my home. 
    I hope everything goes well at the tribunal?
    bev xx

Brightness