Transferring from DLA to PIP - 0 for mobility — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Transferring from DLA to PIP - 0 for mobility

Options
alburybetty
alburybetty Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Have just had my DLA transferred to PIP and scored zero for mobility yet had disability from birth, still trying to prove good and bad days and the fact that I cannot walk 200 metres plus yet the assessor says I can, all rather sneaky has anyone had the same problem. 

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @alburybetty,

I’m sorry to hear about the problems you’ve been having with PIP, we, unfortunately, have had members talk about similar experiences. Have you applied for a Mandatory Reconsideration?

We have a lot of useful information about appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website, including some resources on MRs. You may find the following video on mandatory reconsiderations of interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOsiEFo-Ck

I hope this helps! Please do let us know if you have any questions

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have just had my DLA transferred to PIP and scored zero for mobility yet had disability from birth, still trying to prove good and bad days and the fact that I cannot walk 200 metres plus yet the assessor says I can, all rather sneaky has anyone had the same problem. 
    The criteria for Standard mobility is between 20-50 metres, for Enhanced mobility it's 20 metres or less. DLA high mobility was 50 metres or less.

You now have 1 month to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) if you don't already have a copy of the assessment report then ring DWP to ask them to send you this.

You'll need to put the MR request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points.

If you do have a PIP award be careful because they will look at the whole award again and you do risk losing everything you already have.

If you didn't send in evidence to support your claim then you'll need to send it with the MR letter. They very rarely contact anyone for evidence. The onus is on you to make sure it's sent.

If you have a mobility car from your DLA award unfortunately that will have to be returned and motability will be in contact with you soon.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alburybetty
    alburybetty Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Mandatory consideration will be requested on Monday after visit to my doctor who advised that I must get my request in the timeframe and will be supplying me with a letter of further info, hopefully they will accept the additional info later, not feeling optimistic, a bad weekend but Monday is the start of another week onwards and upwards, positive thoughts hopefully x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.