If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

What happens to benefits when I retire?

scullyscully Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi I'm 64 Coming Up To My Retirement ,I'm Currently Getting ESA ,AND PiP .Now i know i won't lose my PIP But i will come off esa,,so i don't know what happens to my Rent,or my council tax Rebates,will i lose those ? or do they carry on please help if you can ty


  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @scully Pleased to meet you Welcome.

    Please can I add I do not know the answer to your question.

    One of the SCOPE team or our community could advise.

    Have you seen our posts on benefits

    For advice and information

    Take care

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • JennysDadJennysDad Member Posts: 2,308 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @scully and a very warm welcome to you. Glad you have found us.
    Like @thespiceman I don't have an immediate answer to your question, but there are others in the community who will be able to help you and and I am forwarding your post to them.
    Bear with us for the time being, and please don't hesitate to ask any questions that may occur to you.
    Warmest best wishes to you,

  • scullyscully Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Ty Richard,Much Appreciated 
  • Glad2bhereGlad2bhere Member Posts: 10 Listener
    Welcome Scully from a bright but chilly Worcestershire, Hope someone from the team can advise with your specific queries, and that you find this group supportive, there are some very good benefits advice pages with general information, and I hope someone can respond to you directly., good luck with  getting  your answers.

  • GeoarkGeoark Member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,377 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @scully and welcome to the community.

    It will depend a lot on your personal circumstances. 

    It is worth checking your local council website for information on this, or speaking to them. I know on the Merton Council website they say that on some benefits the DWP will let them know and the council will send out a shorter form to claim housing benefit and council tax benefit, so hopefully this will apply to where you are.

    As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

  • scullyscully Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Ty Geo ,I Hope so Too 
Sign in or join us to comment.