ESA appeal wait time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA appeal wait time

AJay44
AJay44 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi my esa got stopped in November 2017 I appealed right away I've received the paper work from dwp ages ago saying a copy was sent to courts but I've been waiting couple month now for my appeal date is this normal

Comments

• gwen65
    gwen65 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    you need to contact the court and they will let you know how long you have to wait it can be up to six months 
    the court should send you photo copies back of the notes they have recieved hope this helps these are usually back in a couple of weeks of them recieving them and then the phone number of the courts if you need more information 
  • AJay44
    AJay44 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I've had the paper work about my medical back and been told a copy has been sent to the courts and they will contact me with my appeal date but that was ages ago and still not heard so I'll ring thank you for your comment.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AJay44, and welcome!

All the best for your appeal- waiting times vary according to what area you are in, but it's not uncommon for this to take many months. You may like to contact the DWP number listed on any letters you've received, to ask for an update, and they should hopefully be able to tell you more!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.