Mandatory reconsideration they taking long time to get back to me help please? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration they taking long time to get back to me help please?

Lost
Lost Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
Hi Guys I need advice on this please.

I sent MR letter to ESA they told me they lost it well actually they said building I sent it to is no longer used by ESA MR Team  so I was told to write another letter.

I sent another letter and they recived it on 17 April I got in touch with them on 26th April and Asked them if there has been any updates. They told me they just recieved my letter on 25th April  and it would take 10 working days. I told them it shows you recived the letter on 17th they said they recived 2 letters from me 1 on 17th and 1 on 25th in turns out letter that got lost which I sent them first some how got delivered to new MR Team on 25th so they have 2 ruffly same kind of letters I modified 2end letter a bit to be bit more nice should I say. 

Now MR Team has my letter well they have both of my letters and I rank them today and they said to me it still with MR Decision maker and they would update me by MOnday next week as MR only recieved my letter on 30th april and they have 10 working days from day they recieve it.

But text message I got from ESA I was told MR would let me know on outcome by 9th May.

Problem I have is this.
1. They streching it out bit to much I can't claim housing benefit because I don't get ESA
2. I just moved in to bungalow as I was having dificulty managing stairs so I need this housing benefit so my housing assosiation does not start asking me for rent which I clearly can't afford.
3. I have 2 year old son and 3 year old son and we execting out 3rd baby. So I really need this cash to help with bills as it's to dificult managing anything with out ESA

Even if they dont give me ESA and I go to tribunal I was told I would get ESA reinstated on reduced rate which I don't mind to be fair as at least I can claim housing and get some cash while waiting to go tribunal.

My question is this  is there anything I can do to speed this things up or I should wait ? till when ever they decided to make decision ?

As I said we are really strugling and my PIP does nto cover costs we have and my mobility is taken for the car on mobility scheme.

Can anyone advice me what I can do or anything I can do about this ?

Thank and sorry for long letter.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to speed up the MR process, it basically takes as long as it takes. There's no time scales.

As for your housing benefit, why aren't you claiming for this under the nil income rules? You need to go to your local council and ask them for a nil income form. Fill this in and you'll be able to claim the housing benefit.

If the MR fails, and most do you won't be able to go back onto assessment rate for ESA until the Tribunal have accepted your appeal. Once you sent the SSCS1 form and you receive a letter back from ESA and have a reference number you'll be able to go back onto ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 273 Pioneering
    Hi, Lost

Just want to be sure that the DWP decision about ESA was sent because you didn't get enough points on the work capability assessment, rather than because  you didn't attend the appointment, or didn't manage to fill the questionnaire in, or had had 365 days contributory benefit in the work related activity group.

That right, isn't it?

Please let us know if any of the other reasons apply - and the we can offer a bit more information. 

Gill_Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.