Pip claim how long for a home visit? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip claim how long for a home visit?

Options
jakbav
jakbav Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I'm new here..how long do you wait to hear about a home visit.capita sent a letter in the 5 th March saying wait to hear from us.they have all my info. Tang today 10 th May enquiring on when f2f would be .was told no available home visits ring back at the end of may .what is the usual waiting time ? Many thanks

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jakbav
    I have heard it will take longer for a home visit that an assessment centre visit, but Im not sure how long it will take.  I know it must be very frustrating for you! Let us know how you get on!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • headintheclouds
    headintheclouds Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi @jakbav
    I had my home assesment for pip 2 weeks ago with capita. 
    Upon hearing from them to say they will be in touch to arrange f2f my husband called them to ask how long an appointment is likely to take to come through, he was told I already qualify for home assessment and offered a appointment for the next week, however upon trying to book it in the system went down was told to call back. 2nd call he was told they only have appointment in assessment centre available  and if I refuse it my case will be handed back to dwp. After trying to explain that five minutes previous another advisor had offered home visit it was clear this guy was not willing to help my husband hung up and tried again this time successfully securing a home assesment appointment 4 days from then. 
    Ridiculous how one person can book you in so quickly compared with another jobsworth! If we had took what he said things would of been much more difficult for me. 
    I made telephone application for pip on 26/02/18
    sent in pip 2 form 26/03/18
    home assesment on 2/05/18
    written report received by dwp DM 14/05/18
    awaiting decision 

I live in the West Midlands. 

my advice would be to call again as it seems each advisor has something different to say 

Good Luck with it all 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.