Multiple conditions, turned down for PIP after being on DLA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Multiple conditions, turned down for PIP after being on DLA

Lucysam25
Lucysam25 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I recently  filled in  the P I P  form got turned  down 9th of April  i had been on D L A  for the last 18 years   I  have cerebral palsy  And spinabifida  I also  osteoporosis  I also have arthritis  in my knees  and my hip  i get ESA   but would that get stopped  as well  I rang the DWP  up saying  I disagree  with  the  things they said  I asked if I have to fill in a  mandatory  form  & He said there is no need to fill the form  in  you will find out  between  6 too 9 weeks  what do I do now should ring them up in am confused  please help 

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2018
    @Lucysam25

Disability Rights UK site (DR) has a good guide to all stages of PIP including mandatory reconsiderations (MR).  It's a good idea to put your MR request in writing stating why you disagree with the decision and what points you should have been awarded and why.  

PIP is awarded not for conditions themselves but for how they affect your daily living and mobility.  Your disabilities have to bad enough to qualify at least 50% of the time, that is at least 4 days out of 7.

Try to get f2f advice from CAB or similar.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Matilda said:
    @Lucysam25 .

Try to get f2f advice from CAB or similar.
    Good advice and I do like the 'try' bit. The waiting times in most of the branches are extremely long and sometimes the DWP time limits run out before you are seen.
    The one and only time that I 'tried' was that I had to stand outside their offices one cold, wet and windy early morning to make sure that I was in the first 6 in the queue (if you were 7th or greater you are told to try again the following day).

I saw the receptionist who took my details and was then dismissed after being told that they would be in touch with me to come back in. Never heard anything more from them. 
  • amy798
    amy798 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Your ESA shouldn’t be stopped. You should continue to get it still. 
    Mid you don’t get any luck with CAB, I’ve recently found @Fightback4justice and would consider using them. Unfortunately I came across them too late but would have definitely used them if I knew sooner. Hope this helps. Definitely fight for it. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    amy798 said:
    Your ESA shouldn’t be stopped. You should continue to get it still. 
    Fightback4justice and would consider using them. Unfortunately I came across them too late but would have definitely used them if I knew sooner. Hope this helps. Definitely fight for it. 

Am I correct in assuming that this website is a 'paid for' service? 
  • amy798
    amy798 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    @Yadnad I believe they are a charitable service - they offer advice over the phone to begin with and can maybe help. They may incur a charge and I do not know that amount sorry. I don’t know the ins and outs of the service but thought @Lucysam25 may want to take a look. 
  • Lucysam25
    Lucysam25 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Be cause  I have cerebral palsy  but i am  not physical  mental  I can do things it's just from the  waistdown  that I can't  balance Wright that they rejected  me  on the PIP I just think it's not fair when  you had problems  all your life from birth  to the age  i am today I am so down through  this pip they must think I am cured of cerebral palsy  And spinabifida I am sooo angry????

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.