Going through PIP assessment again — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Going through PIP assessment again

littleruthie123
littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I'm a 44 year old lady now disabled ,after getting breast cancer 3 years ago.had too have a lot of treatment and operations ,which have left a big toll on my body .i now have osteoarthritis,perineal nurapathy,fatigue and fybromalgia .im sadly unable too work and my whole life has changed.its been very hard .im unfortunately facing the joyful p.i.p assessment again after they canned me last time .so here I go again 

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @littleruthie123, it's great to have you here!

Please do let us know if you would like any support or advice regarding PIP. We have a PIP and DLA discussion group and some information about PIP that you might find interesting.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi littleruthie andd welcome

Have a look at the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome.
    You are not alone in the PIP process, literally just done my assessment. 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • littleruthie123
    Hi whistles.how did you get on. Did you have a home visit?.I've been denied one but hoping for a back up later from docs or social worker. It's so stressful isent it. It's having a very negative impact on my mh praying you had searched goid result
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Assessments have staff who don't even understand conditions and you need to show them your so called ' worst day' without being too dramatic otherwise they just think you are fine and judge you as being 'fit for work' basically and ignore anything you are trying to tell them about your 'daily living' 
  • punk
    punk Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Not all HCP are bad, my first told blatant lies but my latest one was fair & a true reflection of my difficulties. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2018
    punk said:
    Not all HCP are bad, my first told blatant lies but my latest one was fair & a true reflection of my difficulties. 

Well you were lucky and had a 'normal' experience. One good one/one bad one.
    I've had 3 face to face PIP assessments since 2013 and all three completely disregarded everything that I said (which in the main was very little as they were all intent in rushing it through asking me only to confirm or deny a statement they put to me) and what I had put on the PIP forms + evidence supplied to the DWP.
    The first two gave rise to 0 awards but were revised at MR to Enhanced both components. The third the DWP are sticking to the 0 award as being the correct decision at MR.
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    That's sad 3 times of rejection it makes you feel worth nothing belittling experience
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    kami24 said:
    That's sad 3 times of rejection it makes you feel worth nothing belittling experience

Exactly and for that reason, amongst others mainly the short term award periods, I have given up with PIP. The energy needed to fight these assessments and now an appeal is too much for me. 
    At 70, and with these three assessments since I was 65 I don't hold much hope of a change for what years I have got left.

• littleruthie123
    Well still waiting for an appointment lol.and now sea want my blood!.do they inform each other of reassessments or is it just coincidence?
  • littleruthie123
  • whistles
    It's meant to be a coincidence. They can review at any time though. 

Sorry only just seen your post to me. I got enhanced mobility and no care. Didn't ask for a home visit.
  • littleruthie123
    Ah ok .are you appealing?
  • whistles
    No I don't fit the criteria as I did on dla.
  • littleruthie123
    Ok enhanced mobility is something though if your happy with that 
  • littleruthie123
    Ok enhanced mobility is something though if your happy with that 
  • whistles
    I don't have a choice. I don't fit the criteria anymore at this time.
  • littleruthie123
  • Nairb
    Nairb Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Like I said I lost my appeal but now have other health issues so advised by my stroke team to put in a change of circumstances which I did 2 months ago I got a phone call a fortnight ago from atos saying I was having an home visit next week then they rang me 3 days before they was due to come has pip had asked them to send my papers back to them ?? I rang atos to ask why and was told it was because of my appeal I had lost I told them it was nothing to do with losing my appeal has this was a change of circumstances to my health which happened just before my appeal date which the judge could not take in to consideration has I had put in a a new claim atos said they would contact me again at a later date to arrange another home visit ??
  • Nairb
    Nairb Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Do you think they might make a decision without coming to see me or just fobbing me off I was annoyed has I had to cancell a hospital appointment has it fell on the same day and time that they was supposed to visit me then like I said they rang 3 days before to  acancel it 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.