Going through PIP tribunal and question about assessor — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Going through PIP tribunal and question about assessor

june_nikols1806
june_nikols1806 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my name is June and I am new on here and also a bit of a novice when it comes to the internet and computers god knows how I got on this site

but I have been reading some of the comments about tribunals regarding the P I P I am just going through this process as we speak it is in the hands of the tribunal services now but I have filled all the forms out myself I received a 170 page print out of all the stages that we have been through already and their findings

what I would like to know is is the health practitioner who does the interviews allowed to assume things about the claimant the reason I ask is because I suffer terrible with osteoarthritis in all my joints I have COPD I have PTSD after a horrific attack on my life I am suffering mental issues I also suffer from asthma and have just recently found out that I've been walking around with a fractured spine the findings of which I haven't sent to the tribunal case as yet because I have only just received them from the hospital stay I had

I had to go for an MRI scan the other day I'm just waiting on the reports from that so that I can bombard the tribunal with but I'm a bit concerned that they will not take these findings into consideration and it also states on there that I have ongoing progressive osteoarthritis worsening but previous to this my doctors never seemed to be able to send any documentation off about my ailments I am on umpteen medications and I suffer incontinence

my daughter was the main driver of our mobility car and we had it taken off us a few months back nothing has changed since my last Pip application but things have worsened I am also or I was also alcohol-dependent I used to drink a bottle of vodka a day used to numb the pain and the memories I have since given up since after the interview but I always had a sippy cup with me with alcohol in and took it everywhere I went even to my interview in her findings one of the assumptions that she made was that I didn't smell of alcohol although I said I was alcohol dependent and I was sober in her mind I never alter however much I drank my persona was always the same I find it difficult to interact with people but knew I had to do this at this interview

she has told lies which have already been documented by somebody writing in for me I had an adult nappy on at the time of the interview and she assumed I had no toilet problems as I didn't have any incontinence products with me to hand as I've put in my next report she only had to ask me I would have shown it her lol sorry that was long and drawn out but that's what I do so you can imagine what my questionnaire forms were like but asked me to meet people and interact with people I can't I panic since my attack I had a fractured spine fractured skull fractured breast bone fractured eye socket from my horrendous attack and I'm still suffering the consequences now I ticked the wrong box but had said in my statement that I couldn't walk very far at all and I can't stand for very long as I am crippled with pain and said things had only worsened from my last interview in 2015 but with this questionnaire I ticked I could walk 50m to 200 which I clearly cannot and they should have seen I clearly could not

but she was quite aggressive and very damning about my appearance pity she didn't have more to say about how bad I was on my feet instead of trying to say that I was ok it knocked the stuffing out of you when you know how much you're suffering get some stuck up nurse don't tell people that you're not it's so unfair sorry for this maybe somebody could let me know are they allowed to assume thanks for your time Junex

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi June and welcome

Unfortunately assessor can make any assumptions or opiinions that they want to. The assessment is not a medical but a test of funtionality. Assessor don't have crystal balls so their opiion is based on a snap shot of your life. They seldom take into consideration the reliability factors  of Saftey, Repeatedly, Timely and to an acceptable standard

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @june_nikols1806, and welcome to the community. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience and what you've been through. Unfortunately, I'm sure many of our members can relate to this. I hope you find the above responses helpful, and if there's anything else we can advise you on, please do let us know. 
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Complain and see crb
  • Sallycg
    Sallycg Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Hi. I posted a comment about the whole process as I have just been to the appeal tribunal and won my case today. I am not sure where my other post went to as I have just joined the site and am also hopeless at anything computer relate, but I feel so strongly that the PIP process is wrong and Unjust that I would like to join any protests or events that are going on. Does anyone know of anything?
  • teighan
    teighan Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    These tribunal for pip are so frustrating and very stressful process, I was awarded standard care at 1 s tier tribunal for 12 months ,it ends in June and now I have to go threw it all again just received my forms and I've got cab appointment. ????

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.