Hi, my name is twisty65! Permitted work and housing benefit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is twisty65! Permitted work and housing benefit

twisty65
twisty65 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
hi have been on esa ( income related for sometime now) due to severe stress anxiety etc,
but may have chance to do 14 hours a week in a nice relaxed atmosphere with not many people.
have read rules on permitted work but am getting conflicting advice ref housing benefit if I do these 14 hours.some say it is disregarded income as on esa some say they will take this into account,so am very worried and even thinking that if offered position will turn it down because of this,and if it would trigger an esa review.as could not cope with more hours as I get so stressed,
help appreciated

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @twisty65 and welcome to the community. Not a benefits advisor, I can't answer your question directly, but I notice your  post is in the ESA forum so people who do know will be getting back to you as soon as they can.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's permitted work and will be disregarded for housing benefit/council tax reduction.

You do need to get permission to do this by ringing ESA. They will send you a PW1 form to fill in. Providing the work you're planning on doing doesn't contradict the reasons you're claiming ESA you'll be fine. You can't earn more than £125 per week.
    https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Permitted-Work-Rules

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.