Had a quadruple bypass, can I claim anything? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had a quadruple bypass, can I claim anything?

hunter1010
hunter1010 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi just had a quadruple heart bypass I only get dhss sick pay I'm married wife works full time can I claim anything I also have copd ,diabetes tablets and insulin controlled asthma ,bronchitis I work part-time 0hour contract

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @hunter1010 and a warm welcome to the community. Glad you have found us, but sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. Not a benefits advisor, I can't give you a specific answer to this, but we do have people here who will be able to help.
    Please bear with us and they will get back to you asap.
    In the meantime, if there is anything more you can tell us or if you have any questions to ask us, please don't hesitate.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @hunter1010

Welcome to the community. We have a benefits checker which might be a good place to start. Let us know if you have any questions. The main disability benefit is called PIP - you can do a self test here to see if you might be eligible.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.