Fibromyalgia, lower back problems -what could I be entitled to? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia, lower back problems -what could I be entitled to?

Options
cazz
cazz Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have fibromyalgia and lower back problems I've been unable to work since May 2017 and walk with crutches and have just applied for pip and revived a disabled badge but have no idea what other help I'm entitled to or haw to go about it.

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @cazz, welcome to the community! 

Have you had a look at our benefits calculator? Let me know it helps :)
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cazz and a warm welcome to you. We have many members with fibromyalgia, their posts to be found often in the 'Dealing with chronic pain' and in the 'Talk about PIP/DLA' forums. Perhaps you'd like to have a look and see if you can connect with some fellow sufferers.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    cazz said:
    I have fibromyalgia and lower back problems I've been unable to work since May 2017 and walk with crutches and have just applied for pip and revived a disabled badge but have no idea what other help I'm entitled to or haw to go about it.
    It will totally depend on your circumstances. Do you live with a partner that works? Have you worked and paid enough National Insurance in the previous 2 tax years?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • teighan
    teighan Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Pip goes on how your illness effects you day to day  not what illness you have,I suffer with fibromyaliga too ,I do have crutches but only use them when needed.it is worth putting in for pip but it is a long stressful process. X

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.