Hi, my name is Bdett26! Swap from dla to pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Bdett26! Swap from dla to pip

Bdett26
Bdett26 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum so plse be easy on me lol.  Ihave just been to my f2f assessment and while there the woman asked me where a got my mney I told her the post office.  Has anyone else been asked this and wld this be for where they've to pay my mney in when iget it changed over. A y help with this wld be appreciated as I'm worrying as I can't work due to lung probs osteo athritis acute anxiety mental health probs yet ive been reading here that lots people where lied about at there f2f can nyone advise me plse tyx 

Comments

• peterpete
    peterpete Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
    You should of said someone goes for you too the post office. They asked you a trick question. The simple fact you can go to to the post office says to them you can manage your budget I'm sorry to sound harsh but you need to practice every line over and over.they will get you on the slightest thing. Please if you lose pip which I pray you won't reapply sign on jsa so u won't lose income then reapply for pip but next time say some one goes for my money 
  • peterpete
    Please let me know how you get on
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Bdett26 and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry you're anxious about this and I have forwarded your post to our expert benefit team in the hope that they may be able to set your mind at rest.
    It could easily, of course, have been a trick question, but there is a chance that they were just determining where any benefit would be sent to. I honestly don't know, but our experts will get back to you and, if things go wrong and you need help, their expertise and advice will be available to you.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    You did the right thing - never lie. Do a Mandatory Reconsideration; most people don't win as it's mostly just a rubber stamp of the original decision. Then apply for an appeal through the HMCTS (tribunal). 69% of people win.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Waylay said:
    You did the right thing - never lie. Do a Mandatory Reconsideration; most people don't win as it's mostly just a rubber stamp of the original decision. Then apply for an appeal through the HMCTS (tribunal). 69% of people win.
    I don't believe that anybody is suggesting that. There is a whole lot of difference between just giving a simple answer that can create many different assumptions and giving a full and clear answer.

Do you go to the Post Office to get your money - Yes. Finish there and the assessor/DWP will assume many things. Qualify the answer with - but I don't go on my own I always have someone with me to make sure that I don't get lost or suffer a seizure. This then reduces the element of assumption. 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @Yadnad I interpreted @peterpete's first paragraph as a suggestion to lie, sorry!
  • peterpete
    I went through the same process as you I basically was asked the same question. The pip is not esa it is designed to catch you out they will trick u any way they can. I too lost my p.i p it has made me a beggar I spend days asking people for change. I am now really hoping my best option is to start a business but that pip is crucial it is a life line that enables you to have a carer it enables you to free travel to stop u being housebound it gives you hope in dark days. I hope that you follow my advice now from personal experience apply for j.s.a immediately then at least you have some income then apply for housing benefit then apply for a budget loan these things will help you short term but really reapply for pip or esa and keep applying even if the odds are low you are intletled to it fight it don't give up hope your not alone I have and still am stood in your reflection I know your pain your never alone 
  • peterpete
    Yadnad if anyone lies it is the pip assessors they are scum of the earth not all but some.i truly suffered horrors as a child and teenager that would make hulk cry I lie not I seen things I had things done no human deserved I lie not my whole life has suffered I can't start a family I can't live a normal life I fear flashbacks I scream and cry I truly wish I was dead I hate the night I live a fake life of secrets and having to falsely act Like nothing happened it did over 5 long years it was nothing human it was pure hell 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bdett26, how are you doing?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling, @peterpete. I've left a response to you on a previous discussion with some helplines which may be useful (please let me know if you can't find this), but I just wanted to add that's important to take care of yourself too. 

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org. You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself.

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.