DWP interview? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP interview?

bevt2017
bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
Hi 
I received a letter yesturday from dwp.
Asking me to attend an interview, because of a change in circumstance.
I feel sick of the thought of dealing with these people again, after the hell they put me through with P.I.P.
I just wanted to ask if it was because my husband has just been awarded carrers allowance?
It doesn't say why on the letter? just if i didn't attend my benifits will stop.
They know I can't communicate because I'm prouvondly deaf, It's stressing me out now.
Thanx 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi bev

Does the letter say that it is a compliance interview or an interview under caution ?

Sometimes these are just to check that you are getting all the right benefits,

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • bevt2017
    Hi @CockneyRebel
    It doesnt say either?
    Im on support group for ESA, and P.I.P was court ordered. higher for living, standard for mobility.  
    My husband thinks I should have the higher mobility. because I now have to use a wheelchair when I go out?
    I'm not going through all that again.
    They said in the letter. they need to talk about changes that may affect my benefit? I Feel stupid, I just don't understand.
    I hope your right? and it's just to check I'm getting the right benefits.
    Thanx 
    CR
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It may well be the carers element and if it affects your benefit.
    Does your husband claim any other benefit ?

Try not to worry about it, although you have to attend it does not sound serious. It might even be beneficial

Please let us know

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    @bevt2017 Hello, I hope you manage to get this sorted out, and that it isn't too stressful. Do let us know what it was, and how it went so that we can all learn from it :-)
  • bevt2017
    Hi @CockneyRebel and @Justice
    Sorry Its not DWP its at the job centre. 
    I Got the 2 letters mixed up.
    Not slept much worrying about it.
    I'm on support group so I'm not sure why I have to go? 
    The carrers society have said when I go today, to contact them to tell them what has been said. They may even contact the job centre, to see what's going on? They think it's just a review, to make sure I'm on the right benefits? They told me not to worry, but I can't help it.
    My husband I's going to mention, the carrers back payment, because we are still waiting for them to sort out there side.
    I will let you know how I get on
    Thanx Bev
  • Geniedebs
    Geniedebs Community member Posts: 63 Courageous
    Hi Bev, good luck and I am sending you positive thoughts.
  • bevt2017
    Hi Geniedebs
    Thank you ☺
  • AuntBunny
    AuntBunny Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi Bev,

Could you please tell me how you got on at the interview?  I got the same letter and my interview is tomorrow.  I have been making myself ill worrying over this!

Many Thank x
  • bevt2017
    Hi @Auntbunny

Sorry your going through this.
    I just want to say it wasn't DWP it was the job centre.
    Also the reason i was brought in, may not be the same rsason as yours? So please don't worry unessasarerly.
    Mistakes happen all the time.

Basically what it was?
    My husband was made redundant in Nov 2016. (That's when he became my carrer) so I was receiving ESA for both of us.

Anyway the job centre asked us to go in, because i think a red flag appeared from the tax man? "they thought my husband was working".
    It wasn't an interview to see if we was getting the right benifits, it was actually a fraud investigation interview (Please don't pannic).

The company my husband use to work for, had taken to much money for his pension? so they sent him a letter and paid it back to him. 
    (So that's what the red flag was).

I was mortified when I got home when my husband explained everything to me.
    But they were extreamly appologitic and also said it has happened quite a few times, with people who work for that company.

I kid you not! About 3 days later he recieved another letter from his last employer. Saying that they owed him more money for random staff searches. "I couldn't believe it" I was fumming.
    Worried we was going to be called in yet again, I went with him to confront his last employer. My husband told them I've been so stressed and upset because of the mess they have caused and they've done it again. Anyway they were very appologitic, and told him if we was called back to the job centre again? Ask them to contact his last employer so that they could explain.

They didn't call us back and the report was discarded.

I just want to say again it may be nothing like that. The issue was resolved quickly and both were very appologitic.
    Mistakes happen all the time and I've had no other problems with them since.
    I hope all goes well and please don't worry. It could be a simple mistake or like others have said to make sure your getting the right benefits.
    Bev x
  • AuntBunny
    Mine is a job centre interview too. I am panicking so bad!! My pain and anxiety levels are through the roof!!!!! Xoxo 
  • bevt2017
    Hi @AuntBunny

Try not to worry.
    Before and after that intervuew, the job centre have been fantastic helping me.
    I've never had any problems with them only P.I.P.

Amongst other disabilitys I also suffer with stress, anxiey, panic attacks and depression.
    So I know how you feel x

Again try not to worry
    Hope everything goes well today.
    I'm here if you need me.
    Bev x
  • AuntBunny
    Thanks Bev. I am so nervous, been throwing up all morning and didn't sleep last night! I really wish I hadn't looked on Google yesterday! Xoxo 
  • bevt2017
    Hi @AuntBunny

Awww bless!
    Try not to upset yourself, you will make yourself ill.
    Take someone with you for support if that helps.

Scope have some fantastic people on hear, to help and support you and give you advice.
    I've only been a disabled person now for 2 years. and still ask friends on here for help and support.

Good luck today
    Let me know how you get on?
    Bev x
  • AuntBunny
    Thanks Bev. It was an old overlap of my esa and my ex starting a new job!!!! Why can't they just say that in a letter?!?! Xoxo 
  • bevt2017
    Hi @AuntBunny

Awwww well at least its all sorted now.  :) 
    You can finally get a good nights sleep, stop worrying and eat something.

The community is always here to support and help you.
    Take care
    All the best 
    Bev x
  • AuntBunny
    Thank you so much for your help and support Bev. Have a great weekend xx
  • bevt2017

No problem any time  :)
    You to 
    Bev x

Brightness