Brain Training Fun - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Brain Training Fun

2»

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @fishingmum Great like this.  Understand you know we have all been there.

Once had a support worker taking me to an event.  I believe it was a disabled centre open day.

Still frightening as I am gripping the edge of the seat as she hurtles around corners in a battered old mini.

Got there and I sat up in the seat shaking literally scared to death.

Understand out of quivering lips said to her through gritted teeth you will kill some one driving like that.

So it went on and until the day I  ended up ill.  Could not go.. She went to the disabled centre on her own.

Never got there. Ended upside down in a farmers field.  Strapped in her seat belt.

Mini a write off. She seriously injured. Some where out there is now part of our community. Disabled due to speed and carelessness.

Lesson to us all.

Hope you are OK and speak to you soon.

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • feir
    feir Community member Posts: 397 Pioneering
    I love reading/hearing about peoples theories on just about anything,they're usually interesting. Thanks @thespiceman
  • fishingmum
    fishingmum Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    not so much brain training, but certainly satisfying http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/popnow.shtml

life is too short to let others make you miserable.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    I used to do that.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
    I like real stuff 
  • fishingmum
    I love the real stuff but that keeps me going till I can get some lol. Learnign a new word and using it in a sentence daily helps keep the old grey matter as well
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Looking at the books.
    I think this is will be a better alternative to the Internet which is slowly killing off our brain cells because we don't need to think anymore. 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • fishingmum
    @whistles totally agree with reading books, it does help. its the same with phone numbers I used to have to remember a lot of numbers now they are all in the phone I am luck to remember my own lol

Brightness