Benefit help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefit help

Options
joanna123
joanna123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
If I've been awarded standard daily living allowance am already on standard mobility wot other help can I get I am already on ESA 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have applied for help with rent council tax from local council, you will need proof of claims and all income and two months of recent bank statements. Plus you can get free dental treatment and eye tests and reduced priced glasses while claiming ESA ring DWP for details also includes your partner. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can only claim free NHS prescriptions/eye tests if you claim Income Related ESA. If claiming Contribution based ESA you won't automatically be entitled to this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    joanna123 said:
    If I've been awarded standard daily living allowance am already on standard mobility wot other help can I get I am already on ESA 

It will depend on your circumstances. Which ESA are you claiming Contribution based or Income Related? Do you live alone or with a partner that works? Does anyone claim Carers Allowance for looking after you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We have a benefits calculator here that might help.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.