When Universal credit roles out in your area you no longer can claim any disability premiums - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When Universal credit roles out in your area you no longer can claim any disability premiums

2»

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    wideyes said:
    Would you be so kind to give me your contact tel number ?

[phone number removed by moderator]

you have got me worried now ! 
    Are you saying if I do not get 8 points for standard care when I ask to be reassessed from DLA to PIP , then I would lose income related premiums if awarded via income related esa ??

Quote " if I am awarded PIP middle rate care that entitles me to a premium with ESA income support"

That's what you have been told by scope. 
    So if you don't, it doesn't.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wideyes
    I havent received anything from you, where did you send a text to?

If you want to speak to someone, you can call the Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333/
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,036 Disability Gamechanger
    wideyes said:
    Would you be so kind to give me your contact tel number ?

[phone number removed by moderator]

you have got me worried now ! 
    Are you saying if I do not get 8 points for standard care when I ask to be reassessed from DLA to PIP , then I would lose income related premiums if awarded via income related esa ??

When you transfer from DLA to PIP if you're not awarded Standard daily living and you're currently claiming the Severe disability premium of £64.30 per week on top of your ESA then you will lose this. Part of the criteria for this is Mid/high rate care DLA or daily living PIP, no one claims Carers Allowance for you and you live alone. This is just of of the 2 premiums paid on top of Income Related ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.