Which benefits should I apply for? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Which benefits should I apply for?

judehat
judehat Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have tried to get benefit's but my eye sight is not to good I do not know which one to go for I am very short sighted

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @judehat and a warm welcome to the community. Glad you have found us.
    I'm not a benefits advisor and can't answer your question directly, but we do have well-qualified people here who will be getting back to you shortly.
    Could you tell us a little more about yourself and your condition, and about what benefits you have applied for? It will help us to help you.
    Bear with us, and we will be in touch.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @judehat

CHeck out the benefits calculator here to see what you could be entitled to and the PIP self test.

Do you have any other impairments apart from being short sighted?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • ALFIE27
    ALFIE27 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi my husband has recently suffered a stroke, he has been unemployed for the past couple months and was not claiming any benefits but looking for work. I work part time for 10 hours a week. We own our own house out right, but I am struggling to pay bills ect on £300 a month. Are there any benefits we are entitled too ?
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again @ALFIE27. I've responded to your previous post in welcomes and introductions. Hope it helps.
    Best
    Richard

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.