ESA question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA question

Options
suespac
suespac Community member Posts: 7 Listener

Comments

• suespac
    Options
    Hiya all.
    I had my pip suspended end of December 2017 as my illnesses have worsened. And my ESA benefit reduced too. I passed my ESA assessment and was in the support group as I work 10 hours a week.
    Dwp said ESA benefit is connected to pip and that's why it's reduced. 
    Are they right????
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Sue @suespac and a warm welcome to the community.
    Not a benefits advisor, I can't answer your question directly, but we do have well qualified and experienced people here who will get back to you as soon as possible.
    Please bear with us, and keep in touch,
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
    @JennysDad

• Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    Options
    @suespac Are you waiting for reassessment on PIP? Are you in a full UC area?
  • suespac
    Options
    Hiya, I was turned down twice on a mandatory reconsideration and now I'm waiting for a tribunal date. Keep ringing but keep getting told "we've got up to 32 weeks to get a date for u", which will be in Oct and all this started in December 2017.
  • suespac
    Options
    Also not on uc either ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    suespac said:
    Hiya all.
    I had my pip suspended end of December 2017 as my illnesses have worsened. And my ESA benefit reduced too. I passed my ESA assessment and was in the support group as I work 10 hours a week.
    Dwp said ESA benefit is connected to pip and that's why it's reduced. 
    Are they right????
    Yes, that correct. There's a Severe disability premium that's paid if you live alone, and no claims Carers Allowance for you. Your PIP would have been the qualifying benefit for this payment. If you win your Tribunal you can re-apply for the premium and it will be backdated to when it stopped, providing you still qualify.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.