tribunal /questions regarding health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

tribunal /questions regarding health

joyclyn
joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
I WANTED  TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS BEEN TO TRIBUNAL AND HOW DO YOU ANSWER  TO A MAN ABOUT YOUR TOILET./ INCONTINENCE  I KEEP FEELING  SICK THE THOUGHT OF IT   ALSO HIGENE  .   THANK YOU  

Comments

• Diane1729
    Diane1729 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    hello joyclyn I have incontinence problems and I put it down on paperwork for my ESA.  Also for my PIP.  I have incontinence pads and a Closomat toilet that washes and drys.  Just say it how it is, it is nothing to be ashamed about and it is something that we have to deal with in our everyday life.  Hope this helps, and good luck with your Tribunal.
  • joyclyn
    Bless you something  I hate talking about   
  • joyclyn
    hy never been  on for a while    but now  I am waiting for my tribunal  just over 2 weeks to go and I can say I am terrified  I have felt I'll since I got the letter to tell me.it' all I think about  my support worker tells me to  put it back of my mind I know worrying  doesn't help but that' part of me a worrier  I feel sick crying scared on kw how I am to answer questions .I'm thinking of the questions  and don' know answers  seems crazy when I don' know what' asked but say well what do you do all day  I don't know I really don't  lie in I bed .settee    sounds patetic  sorry I am just   ó scared saying wrong things meaning something else after my assessment   and hearing  what she wrote I am like wonder woman  .I look at myself and God  what happened  .yet I look well.eye contact presentable  can move my glasses on my head I can breathe  without  difficulty I have c
    ó. p.d  I could walk unaided  I was linking my daughter again sorry it was all rubbish  I am vey confused  and I got 2 points in total if I loose I'm to old to reapply there again I could not go through  this mental torture  again anger so angry having to do this prove yourself  to strangets I could scream swear what right  have they I must stop as I am going on on  I'm scared I get angry  and I was not a person like I am now don' know what' happened to me thank you sorry joyclyn
  • stumpydave
    stumpydave Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    You can request a female if it helps you feel more comfortable. You can also take someone with you for support. Tell them straight away that you find talking about your condition embarrassing. They have to respect that. You can also asked to right your answers to personal questions due to your embarrassment. Good luck. I’m sure you will be fine .
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    You can request a female if it helps you feel more comfortable. You can also take someone with you for support. Tell them straight away that you find talking about your condition embarrassing. They have to respect that. You can also asked to right your answers to personal questions due to your embarrassment. Good luck. I’m sure you will be fine .

You may be right, but I have never heard that you can ask for a female judge and an all female panel. Also going to a Tribunal is best done in person. You can have a 'paper hearing' without having to attend but you have better odds of winning if you give face to face answers to questions that the tribunal may want to ask. 
  • joyclyn
    thanks  to all reply  getting nearer date  wish it was over done with regardless   it' been a nightmare months of stress anxiety only God knows the outcome wish I could just  give myself a break  untill I go  but it' like a dark cloud over me  day / night    well as I say just over a week now regardless of the outcome I shall post  and let u know   I have been told if I am refused  to apply for AA don' think I could face any more fighting for my life as this is what it is but feel degraded   begging   oh Im off sorry thanks to all and my best wishes  to anyone  in my position x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.