What am I entitled to? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What am I entitled to?

Options
Fluer72
Fluer72 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I suffer from chronic pain and fatigue, and severe depression and anxiety. These are all caused by fibromyalgia and hypermobility.
I have a son who has higher functioning autism and hypermobility. I also have a daughter who has higher functioning autism. She also suffers from chronic pain, depression and anxiety due to fibromyalgia and hypermobility. 
Things are extremely difficult at home due to being unable to do the housework like I used to. I am currently working but find it extremely difficult to cope. I am currently looking into claiming benifit's but I unsure about what I am entitled to. I need help but feel that people are going to be judgemental as I appear normal on the outside. I feel like a complete failure.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Fluer72 Pleased to meet you welcome.  Thank you for sharing your story.

Have you seen our posts and information on Practical Support and Information  Especially also Specific Conditions.

Please can add you are not a failure. Every body in the community I am sure understands your situation.  Will answer and reply to anything you wished to ask.

You need help and support please ask for it.  You are important as is the welfare of your family.

Have you looked at our information on benefits.  What benefits am I entitled to ?. Posts and threads.

Understand if you are not sure of anything contact the SCOPE help line.

That or some one from the SCOPE team contact you.  Hopefully in the future.

Take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Fluer72 and a warm welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    You've really been put through the grinder, haven't you? My heart aches with the thought of the hard work you've been through.
    We have an online calculator here which you might like to try and which might help you determine what benefits might be available to you. Perhaps you could give it a try and get back to us?
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,248 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The first thing to look into because you work is SSP. This will be payable for 28 weeks and is always the first step to take before claiming a benefit like ESA.

There's also PIP take the PIP self test here. This is just a guide to what you could possibly score. It will depend on the evidence you send to support a claim.

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.