I have got a son 22yrs old with Autistic spectrum disorder — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have got a son 22yrs old with Autistic spectrum disorder

janethague
janethague Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited May 2018 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi I have got a son  22yrs old with Autistic spectrum disorder and  it as been very hard at time some days its easy and other days  well this condition is getting Advertised  more than ever now when my son was diagnosed with this he was 11yrs then was  left to carry on with our lives with no help at all so with kids today  should be getting the help that they need 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @janethague   Pleased to meet you welcome.  Thank you for sharing your story.

I understand as do the community.

Have you seen our community information on ASD. Specific conditions.  Information and posts, threads.

Please ask the community anything.

We are a friendly supportive community.

Hope you can get the help and support you need.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @janethague and welcome to the community.

Should be, unfortunately too often it is not the case.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Janet @janethague and a warm welcome to the community. Very good to have you with us.
    These days, I'm afraid, support is poor for pretty much everybody. You might like to have a look at our discussion forum on Autism, where I'm sure you'll meet a lot of others who can relate to what you and your son are going through.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @janethague

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • DenceNucliaAtom
    DenceNucliaAtom Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Hi, I was diagnosed with autism (aspergers) at 32 years old. I’m now 33. I am also finding any kind of support hard to find. You should have a look at “the princes trust” https://www.princes-trust.org.uk/help-for-young-people/get-job

they help help people with disabilities get into the right kind of employment. 

My 20’s was externally hard for me so I can relate. Please feel free to msg me for any advise. Or if your son would like to ask any questions. I have found mechanism to help with being in your 20’s in a Nurotipicle world. 

Brightness