my report from altos is not a true & genuine account can i appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

my report from altos is not a true & genuine account can i appeal?

Options
scoobydoo9899
scoobydoo9899 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
my altos report has come this morning and the report is not a true account of what was said and what took place i am so annoyed is the anything i can do? thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You say you have the report but have you had the decision? Is this for PIP, if so have you added up those points at the beginning of the report? There should be boxes with dots next to them, you need to compare the PIP descriptors with those dots to see what you scored for daily living and then mobility.

Once you have the decision then you'll have 28 days to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration. You'll need to put the request in writing stating what you disagree with.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    my altos report has come this morning and the report is not a true account of what was said and what took place i am so annoyed is the anything i can do? thank you 
    You can complain to ATOS
  • scoobydoo9899
    Options
    Does anybody know the process of how to appeal please? 
  • Nairb
    Nairb Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Options
    Yes my report was full of lies I contacted cab they wrote a letter of complaint to atos but it did no good then they sent a mandetry reconsideration in again no good so they did an appeal for me after 7 months of waiting I got my appeal date at the appeal I knew after 3 minutes that I had lost my appeal the judge was ignorant and arogant I was made to feel I was on trial for murder not pip go to uou CAB and ask for help goid luck 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Nairb said:
     the judge was ignorant and arogant I was made to feel I was on trial for murder not pip go to uou CAB and ask for help goid luck 
    Been there too. I went to a Tribunal for my wife many years ago, and one of the questions that the doctor asked me was "what would you do if your wife's pain was not being controlled". I replied that I would give her some of my Oramorph as I would not be able to stand seeing her in that condition".

Obviously the appeal was denied, but the judge's ruling when she received it said amongst many things about me that she was married to a drug dealer!.
  • Nairb
    Options
    Thank ypu for your reply all the best to you all
  • Nairb
    Options
    I did complain to atos and in there reply it said the examiner has nothing to gain by lying and they cannot coment and what was said was between the examiner and myself I even offered to take a lie detector test to prove what I said was true and asked if the examiner would take one hence I never recieved another reply 
  • scoobydoo9899
    Options
    Thank you everyone could you tell me how to go about a MR please? 
  • Nairb
    Options
    Write to pip explain why you thing the decision was wrong and your reasons why ask them to look at it again and why you want them to look at it again send a doctors letter with your reasons why about your illneses ect get cab involved if you can there is plenty of lovely clever people on here to advise you good luck 
  • scoobydoo9899
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.