Disability parking permit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability parking permit

Maidinheaven2399
Maidinheaven2399 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I was given a permit while awaiting my hip replacements. That ran out & I reapplied (it was last minute because I just couldn't muster the energy but it was in time). I was refused & told I could challenge the outcome but only if I had new problems?
I have arthritis in my knees, lower disk problems, growths on my spine which cause pain in my neck, shoulders, arms, buttocks, legs & feet. I take pregabalin, Tramadol, blood pressure tablets, ocular hypertension medicine. If I walk for any distance I end up bent double, if I stand still I have to bend over to relieve the pain, I go up & down stairs one at a time cause of knee pain, my knew hips hurt, using walking sticks help but I have trouble with pain in shoulders & pins & needles in my hands. I have become depressed & take medication for that & pain. I'm under an orthopaedic consultant & pain management & pain management psychologist.
Even though it's only been a year since I applied I've had a new mri & a letter saying I have the problem with my neck, shoulders & back and am no on new medication. Would this be enough to reapply? 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes make copies of the forms ,letters you send in for you blue badge, so many people obtain a badge yet walk as well as an able bodied person I know disabilities are hidden in a lot of cases/ people but it makes you wonder when people are refused because they can walk 20 plus yards  yet these walk and carry shopping bags several hundred yards.

Brightness