Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Options
aaronw3440
aaronw3440 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
I applied for pip in February had my f2f on Friday the 13th of all days in April they received the report on the 26th decision was made and sent on the 4th may 2018 and the whole thing was lies they claim there' no evidence to support my claim based on my mental health it' so severe I can' do most basic things and have to be constantly prompted and urged etc i cant even leave the house alone or plan or follow a journey due to the distress they tell you not to pay fees to get the medical evidence to support your claim as they'l  get all they need but if you don' the chances are you'l be rejected as they won't get the evidence I've put in for a mandatory reconsideration and told them ill be sending more evidence from my doctor and my therapist which the assessor lied and said I have no mental health support or in put when I'm under the local mental health team as the assessor claims my medication was a low dose when it was the highest dose in the tablet so what would I do has anyone else had this problem of them constantly lying through their teeth even though you'e got evidence 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,205 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They very rarely contact anyone for evidence. The onus is on the claimant to make sure they send evidence to support a claim.

As you didn't send it then it didn't help your claim. As you didn't send it with the claim form then you should have sent it with the MR request letter. I'm assuming you put your request for the MR with letter stating what you disagree with, and where you think you should have scored those points and why?

They may not wait for the evidence as you've already requested the MR. I've heard of this happening many times. Most MR decisions remain the same any way, so the likely hood of you having to take it to Tribunal is very high. Only 20% of MR decisions are successful.

If you do have to take it to Tribunal, your best chances of success is to appear in person.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.