Pip rejected because of assessor lies — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip rejected because of assessor lies

aaronw3440
aaronw3440 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
I applied for pip in February had my f2f on Friday the 13th of all days in April they received the report on the 26th decision was made and sent on the 4th may 2018 and the whole thing was lies they claim there' no evidence to support my claim based on my mental health it' so severe I can' do most basic things and have to be constantly prompted and urged etc i cant even leave the house alone or plan or follow a journey due to the distress they tell you not to pay fees to get the medical evidence to support your claim as they'l  get all they need but if you don' the chances are you'l be rejected as they won't get the evidence I've put in for a mandatory reconsideration and told them ill be sending more evidence from my doctor and my therapist which the assessor lied and said I have no mental health support or in put when I'm under the local mental health team as the assessor claims my medication was a low dose when it was the highest dose in the tablet so what would I do has anyone else had this problem of them constantly lying through their teeth even though you'e got evidence 

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Yes me too and lost my mandatory so got to go to appeal.
    I sent further report into them but it didnt get there before decision was made so they refused that my illness has got worse.
    Given me same points and same report but in different words.
    DWP Have no medical knowledge at all and the assessors just paint a very different picture of you.
    I will continue to fight to appeal.

• Nairb
    Nairb Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    My face to face examiner lied too in fact the report was full of them as stated in my previous blog how do they get away with it we should all be able to film the examination  so we have proof of what went on 
  • lindadenise
    Yes it is very unfair the DWP put in my report thatall the assessors are all qualified to assess Disabilities.
    I thought most of them were ex paramedics physios or nurses.
    Funny how all my conditions are neurological so i take they are qualified in Neurology. 
    I feel absolutely fed up with the whole stress they put us through.
    I cannot leave it i have to keep on until appeal.
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    @Nairb I think I read that all assessments are going to be recorded in future but I am unsure when this starts.
  • lindadenise
    Yes they are if only did that with us
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi aarronw3440
    So sorry to hear about your PIP! Mine was exactly same all lies. When are Parliament going to do something about this! if we had lied on ours we would be done for fraud, this isnt right, is there anywhere else we can complain as well as putting an MR appeal in and complaining to them. I cant believe how many of us are saying the same about our reports and the assessors it makes me sick, taking money off people who are genuine and disabled. I would love them to be in our shoes and live like us for a month struggling everyday with our health conditions and disabilities. I wonder if theres any petition we could all sign about how we have been treat, I feel like starting one myself and then taking it to parliament. Any ideas? Anyway aaron fight them if you can and put an MR in. Take care
  • aaronw3440
    edited May 2018
    They try and say there's no medical evidence but how can they say that when they only gotta request copies from the GP that are relevant to the claim and my mental health problems PTSD,  emotioally unstable personality disorder , eating disorder,  depression and severe anxiety to the point I've gotta be prompted to shower, change my clothes  and eat otherwise i wouldnt I can't leave the house alone or plan and follow journeys or use anything that's not microwaved as it' not safe for me to do so as I get distracted and ending up hurting myself or setting things on fire and it gives me anxiety attacks and don't do well with people face to face whether it's strangers or people I know and the stress of the MR getting all the evidence then tribunal is making everything worse as I'm already on edge and paranoid I don't sleep more than an hour a night either and they received my report on the 26th April 2018 two weeks after my assessment  and the letter was sent on 4th may 2018 I dont think the assessors are even medically qualified at all otherwise they' have jobs in the nhs etc they even say I don't self harm or even have any mental health support or input when I'm under the local mental health team and have the scars and open wounds of self harming which is a long standing issue and the therapy is long term to work along side my medication
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    If you didn't send the evidence to support your claim then there would be no evidence. They very rarely contact anyone for evidence. The onus is always on the claimant to make sure evidence is sent with the claim form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nairb
    I sent doctors letter and physio letter and 8 hospital appointment letters and was only awarded standard mobility nothing for care thanks to all the lies the asseser put in her report 
  • aaronw3440
    My GP apparently doesn't do them and that pip has to request it according to the receptionist so tryna get it all is a nightmare especially when you can't afford to pay for it as full medical records are around £50+ and letters are around £30 The only evidence I have atm is my repeat prescriptions and mental health team therapist letters
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    @aaronw3440 There is a change soon. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an EU Regulation which will be directly applicable in the UK on 25 May 2018.  GP's  will technically fall under this so that all Subject Access Requests will be free unless shown to unfounded or excessive.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Ripples said:
    @Nairb I think I read that all assessments are going to be recorded in future but I am unsure when this starts.

I very much hope that that isn't the case. I fully understand why people think that it is a vital part of the system that needs implementing, but it should be a choice. Many claimants would freeze at the thought of being sound and/or video recorded.
    Besides which Mike [removed by moderator] is of the opinion that it will make little difference to the end result.
  • Yadnad
    justg72 said:
    Hi aarronw3440
    So sorry to hear about your PIP! Mine was exactly same all lies. When are Parliament going to do something about this! if we had lied on ours we would be done for fraud, this isnt right, is there anywhere else we can complain as well as putting an MR appeal in and complaining to them. I cant believe how many of us are saying the same about our reports and the assessors it makes me sick, taking money off people who are genuine and disabled. I would love them to be in our shoes and live like us for a month struggling everyday with our health conditions and disabilities. I wonder if theres any petition we could all sign about how we have been treat, I feel like starting one myself and then taking it to parliament. Any ideas? Anyway aaron fight them if you can and put an MR in. Take care

This has been going on for years in one way or another. It is not something that has just started with PIP.

I had two face to face assessments for ESA (2009 & 2012) and both reports were a fabrication of what was said. I even had one assessment (1995) for an industrial injury where the DWP doctor actually reported that what I was claiming was for an old injury that was identical to the new one. I actually showed him the two bullet wounds and argued that the chances of being shot with the same calibre gun in exactly the same places, years later was a ridiculous suggestion. There was no mention of that inspection by the doctor in the report.
  • Nairb
    Let's all demonstrate outside parliament and block the roads in our wheelchairs well just a thought ??
  • Yadnad
    I hate being told by anybody in authority that I have no choices. If (and I believe that it will help a lot of people) this recording becomes compulsory I for one will not sit back and accept it.
    It should not be a case of 'well others want it so you should have it'. The only way that I would accept video recording (both sound & vision) is if there are at least three cameras involved one pointing at the assessor, one at the claimant and another taking a wide angle of both together at the table. 
    There was supposed to be a change of how these assessments were to be carried out - it was in one of the reviews. Instead of the 'police' style setup, it was suggested that the claimant would sit side by side with the assessor instead of having to look at the back of the computer monitor. The DWP refused to do this - for pretty obvious reasons - they didn't want the claimant seeing what the assessor was entering on the computer.

If we are going to have recording as the norm, then the recording itself should become the evidence without the assessor using a computer based system as well. You never see a police officer interviewing a suspect where the officer is constantly adding information on a computer. 

If the DWP want to do that then they should be prepared to hand over a copy of what information they put into the system from their hard drive together with a copy of the software that gave which option to tick. 
  • Nairb
    Let's go back when I first put in a dla claim back in 2011 when it was dla and not pip when I had my dla assessment the examiner asked me to read what he had put on the form and if I was happy with it to sign it to agree that I was happy with what he had wrote then you could say no I didn't say that or no this is not correct but now when you have a pip assesment your not asked to read or sign anything anyone know why I do ??, think about it 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.