What is the average waiting time for a PIP Tribunal date? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is the average waiting time for a PIP Tribunal date?

Options
Morello
Morello Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi,

I was just wondering what is the current waiting time to be given a date for a tribunal? Writing on behalf of my mother who is currently in a lot of distress with the amount of time she is being made to wait. She called DWP earlier today explaining that she has been waiting 18 weeks already and was told she could wait up to an extra 20 months, this is in Staffordshire area.

Can anyone confirm or dispute this?

Thanks

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It varies area to area.  A wait of 8 or 9 months is not unusual.  Have you told tribunal you'll access a short notice hearing?  It is the tribunals service that deal with appeals not the DWP.
  • Morello
    Options
    8-9 months seems such a long time to wait!
    Would I just need to contact the local tribunal centers to inform them of that or HMCTS general inquiries?

Thanks for info
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    On your correspondence from the tribunal service it will say which centre is dealing with your appeal with their phone number.
  • Morello
    Options
    Alright, thank you for this, will have a word with Mum and Dad to see if they have any correspondence from the tribunal service, I'm currently living abroad so I'm not able to help as much as I used to :(

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.