Would I qualify for higher rate PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would I qualify for higher rate PIP?

fionasnana
fionasnana Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am already receiving middle rate pip.I have a lot of various illnesses that qualified me for this. I have now recently been diagnosed with heart failure and wonder if this would qualify me for high rate. Can anyone help please?

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @fionasnana and a warm welcome to the community. I'm not able to advise on this, but we do have people here who are and who will be in touch with you as soon as they can. Bear with us and if, in the meanwhile, there is anything else you would like to tell us or to ask us, please don't hesitate.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • fionasnana
    Thank you very much Richard.  I currently get middle rate and re assessed in Nov 2019. Don't want to rock the boat and have to fill out all these forms again if not worth trying. My name is Carol BTW thanks again.

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Hi @fionasnana, welcome to the community!

Have you tried taking a PIP self-test to see what points you might be eligible for?
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Hi unfortunately there are many of us on here who are in the criteria for hi p.i.p .however they seem too want too do anything for us too stay at middle rate .this is my option anyway.i think if you peruse it be ready for a fight .good luck 
  • fionasnana
    No I have not Lasian. Thank you . will try that!!     Carol x

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    You will need to have a look at the PIP descriptors to see what points you could score. PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you daily. A new diagnosis, doesn't automatically mean you'll score more points.

There's no middle rate of PIP, it's standard or enhanced. There's an online PIP self test that you can complete, this will give you some idea what you could possibly score. Please remember it's just a guide. Evidence will be needed to prove that those descriptors apply to you. Complete the test here.

Finally when reporting a change of circumstances, it's always risky because you can lose everything you already have. They will send you more PIP2 forms and another assessment would most likely be needed, as most people have these. How long is your current award for? If it's close to being reviewed then you maybe better off waiting for that.

So many people report changes and go onto to lose everything they already have.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.