PIP Nightmare — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Nightmare

Options
scoobs470
scoobs470 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I am a career for my partner who suffers from numerous ailments including ptsd, arthritis, panic attacks, anxiety and copd. She does not leave the house unless she has to attend the drs or her psychiatric nurse, I do everything and also have to attend these appointments with her. She had her pip reassessment letter and I filled it out stating she was worse since her last assessment and sent it off. Some 12 weeks later we get an appointment for her to attend the centre of Glasgow for an assessment. 
I rang up and explained that there was no way she would go there and requested a home visit due to her mental health issues and it being a strange place etc I was asked numerous questions which resulted in me telling them I do the shopping, the housework, collection of prescriptions and that I drive her to the drs and have to attend with her. 
So the nightmare begins they assess this and state she still has to attend the centre. So I again ring and tell them exactly what i had told them before so it gets sent to a health professional again.
they come back and say nope have to attend centre. So I ring again to be told there is no reason why she cannot drive and attend the centre. Brick wall came to mind. So I then ring dwp who state I should have been asked to supply medical evidence and to ring the assessment centre back and tell them that was what I was going to do. So I did this and all seemed ok. Then 2 hours later I get a call from the assessment centre who state they wish to make an appointment. I again explained everything and that I had spoken to them 4 times already today to which I was told, there would be no home visit as the health professional had stated my partner could drive, that her medication was not the highest level to stop her attending and there was no reason why she could not leave the house. He proceeded to tell me if I insisted on a home visit that they would sent the claim back to dwp and would not wait for a drs letter.
Like I said a nightmare and I really don’t know what to do now as my partner is sat here in tears and having anxiety attacks over this.
Any help would be great fully appreciated.
Read more at https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/44535/hi-my-name-is-scoobs470#50LpotSlbOoMEedt.99

Comments

Brightness