Anyone else dealing with CFS or ME and having to claim JSA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone else dealing with CFS or ME and having to claim JSA?

MrSloth
MrSloth Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hey,

Not really sure what to post so I'll just say hi. Joined cause I wanted to get help with finding types of work I can do with a long-term health condition and most importantly if I'll be better of working and types of work that I could reasonably do and pay well.

Anyone well else dealing with CFS or ME and having to claim JSA?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,318 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

No one can really advice you on the work that you could possibly do because no one only yourself knows how your conditions affect you. We are all different, and you never get 2 people the same. A sitting down job maybe something to look into, rather than being stood on your feet all day.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MrSloth

Welcome to the community, you might like to get in touch with our Support to Work team who could help.

You can also check the online benefits calculator to see what help you could get help with.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Holding down a job can be difficult with ME as you never know day to day how you are going to feel as i know as a sufferer some days just brushing my teeth can use all your energy up and even sitting at a desk job can drain your energy
    Go on to the ME charity helpline website they have people who can advise on benefits and work and living with this terrible illness.
    The good news is that the NHS are starting to recognise it.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    You can find a lot of information and support on the ME association website.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • mehrfarbig
    mehrfarbig Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    It all depends how you are affected as some people are bed bound with ME...a well paying job will require you be quite well with fewer symptoms really. Things to consider are can you sit up, can you walk, can you stand, can you carry things, how many hours of sleep do you need a day, how long can you concentrate for etc 
    Sarah
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    I have this but a lot of other stuff too.cant imagine trying too do an hour never mind anything else.hope you can get sorted
  • MrSloth
    MrSloth Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Sam_Scope said:
    Hi @MrSloth

Welcome to the community, you might like to get in touch with our Support to Work team who could help.

You can also check the online benefits calculator to see what help you could get help with.
    I already have Sam, working with them now. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.