Fight the decision! PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fight the decision! PIP

leslierawson
leslierawson Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
now listen and listen good fight the decision as regards your pips.. i took mine to a tribunal  it  took 10 mohs  to be heard  at lincoln  .. since  last july  when all they gave me with assessors coming to mine and my wifes  house.... all they  did  was   give me 4 points..  yet with all the illnesses  ive  got..  6 in all..  it  was worth  fighting  when  the  tribunal  board  gave  me  34 points....  now  its  got be back dated  to that date...  it takes  2 to 4 weeks..  according to scope.org.com   fight it  dont  just leave  it..  fight  theres  over83%  winning it back   lel....

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Leslie (?) @leslierawson and a warm welcome to the community. By and large, ours is a community of fighters :smile: and it is great to hear from you and to learn that your persistence and hard work paid off.
    Warmest best wishes to you and to your good lady,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
     theres  over83%  winning it back   lel....
    I heard that the figure was 75% in Wales and 69% overall in the UK that had their appeal granted.

A drop on the 83% but still a massive figure of the DWP being found to be wrong.
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    Congratulations pls pray for me I am currently waiting for Tribunal 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger

Correct. A message to fight is always appreciated but let's remember that many people have conditions which prevent them physically or mentally from being able to fight. Advice and representation is key. 
    And there be the problem Mike.
    Salford and the surrounding area of Manchester is extremely well represented by yourself. But there are many areas that do not have any charitable organisations of that quality. In my area there is one CAB that is so busy that it can be weeks before you are given an appointment which generally means that the time limits set by the DWP have been exceeded. There are other agencies (the likes of AgeUK & DISK) who, to give them credit, try to do a good job but once again with limited experienced staff they too are unable to cope. Then we have the 'do gooders' who portray that they are good at representation at hearings only to find that the claimant is generally more knowledgeable and clued up than they are. I know of one organisation of this type that has caused more damage by being involved.

Put it bluntly, good advice centres that are able to give that quality advice in a timely manner and offer a representation service are extremely thin on the ground - it is a post code lottery!

Many of us that are unable to fight through illness and disabilities without outside help, advice and assistance are left by the wayside and give up as I have done.
  • leslierawson
    leslierawson Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    what you are not looking at all of you.. if that **** tory duncan smith and cameron had have there way . without the cab  you get nothing fight it  the tories only look after the rich..  and this one  in power  now  is worst  than the  wicked witch....  thank god shes dead  one down  one to go....... les 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.