CRB check on DWP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CRB check on DWP

2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    So i assume you know more than the DWP who sent me a statement confirming
    That all employees must have a BPSS check which includes a CRB check
    for me your comment is basic let me see if i can prove this person wrong  and i will try and shoot there statement down.
    But if i have it in writing from the DWP  office then it must be the standard they follow 
    tell me do you work for the DWP ??
    if you havent got the facts in front of you then you are the one making assertion and trying to stifle the truth
    I have the facts in front of me from the DWP .   DO YOU  ??

The facts are as Mike has laid out. A CRB check is ancient history and was replaced by the D&B system to iron out a lot of the problems that existed with the CRB check.

Personally I agree that any government officer that is likely to come up against someone that is vulnerable or a child should have an enhanced B&D check made at regular intervals. However civil servants are deemed trustworthy in any event so there may not be the need to go to these lengths.

As a school governor I have to have one, yet as a town councillor it is deemed not necessary. I see more vulnerable children & adults on a one to one basis as a councillor than when I am in the school offices - work that one out.
  • The_truthisout_there
    The_truthisout_there Community member Posts: 29 Listener
    My point was not to prove anybody right or wrong
    only to state that the DWP has stated to me that all employees have had a criminal records check before they take up there positions within the DWP.
    and as i have asked the visiting officer if they have had that check to which they replied "No " 
    My decision not to pass on personal and financial details is what i believe to be correct to avoid any potential fraud or improper conduct
  • The_truthisout_there
    as stated previously i wont correspond with you on this matter any further
    enjoy the rest of your day
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Please remember that we want the community to be a safe and supportive place. Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you don’t agree with them.

Take care to present your views tactfully and remember that humour may be misinterpreted. 

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • The_truthisout_there
    Thank you for your message
    I dont believe i have been disrespectful to anyone in the community
    but i cant confirm that is the case for any other person in the community
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Op.
    I think you only have a certain amount of time before you application is actually closed.
    You didn't give your details to the visiting person- for whatever reason. 
    They will hopefully find you someone else, but you will also have an assessment to attend our visit.

What I find bizarre is a new person can come to the forum, get a warning on their very first thread, and disagree with moderator as well.
    Regardless of right or wrong- the only person suffering here is your son.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The_truthisout_there
    National Security Vetting (NSV) is designed to provide Departments with appropriate levels of assurance about all those employees/contractors who, in the course of their work, require access to sensitive Government information, or other important or valuable assets. The vetting process involves investigation of an individual's background and circumstances to identify anything that might lead them to commit a security breach.
    When recruited all permanent DWP staff and contractors are subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Check (BPSS) which includes identity verification, a nationality & immigration check, employment history check, and a criminal record check. Only when this check has been successfully completed can staff be allowed access to protectively marked or other sensitive material. The BPSS checks take place after the interview and when the successful candidates accept a job offer.
    I hope it is of some comfort to you that all DWP staff are subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Check which checks their background, including their criminal record which I noted you seemed particularly concerned about. I hope that this also addresses the concerns you have, but I do note that the DWP have offered for you to escalate your complaint further if you are unhappy with this response.

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The_truthisout_there
    Whistles 
    Thanks for your input
    Unfortunately i dont believe i disrespected anyone on here 
    i only disagreed with a person on there understanding with my understanding
    the fact that someone decided that was being disrespectful is beyond me.
    all that has achieved is that after i finish posting and updating this first post of mine i shall remove myself from this site
    censorship is fine but trying to stop genuine posts because a moderator disagrees with you is not my cup of tea
  • The_truthisout_there
    Victoriad
    Thank you for your input
    When i mean vulnerable i dont mean it in a physical sense although he is a very placid and complying person.
    If someone was to come to the door whilst we are not in and said they are from the DWP we need to have your bank card to put money into your account he would give them that card and his pin no
    The mere fact that he sees me challenging someone and asking them for proof of who they are and refusing to hand over details if they dont answer the questions correctly This is a learning experience for him and lets him know that he can challenge or question anyone or anything that he may not feel right about and also show him that there are unscrupulous people out there who will if the can take advantage of people if they are not careful when handing out personal or financial details
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Having picked a battle which cuts the nose off to spite the face one can only wonder how he’ll cope with a negative PIP decision.

Well Mike the way that this case is progressing - it would appear that a live claim doesn't even exist so any negative decision or in fact any decision maybe sometime never
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    So i assume you know more than the DWP who sent me a statement confirming
    That all employees must have a BPSS check which includes a CRB check
    for me your comment is basic let me see if i can prove this person wrong  and i will try and shoot there statement down.
    But if i have it in writing from the DWP  office then it must be the standard they follow 
    tell me do you work for the DWP ??
    if you havent got the facts in front of you then you are the one making assertion and trying to stifle the truth
    I have the facts in front of me from the DWP .   DO YOU  ??
    @The_truthisout_there as you seem to be having difficulty understanding why your posting may be considered disrespectful here is a good example.

1) there was no need to assume whether the mikehughesqc knew more or not, he directly referenced the information which applied to all government departments and the armed forces.

2) Again you have made another assumption that a criminal record check means a CRB check and again mikehughesqc gave a link which demonstrated that it would not be a CRB but DBS check, which again you ignored.

3) A third assumption as to the motivation behind mikehugesqc post. He is actually one of the most respected members on this forum whose experience and knowledge has been a huge benefit to this community, and as usual was trying to help you.

4) Demanding to know if a member works for the DWP to try and discredit them, despite having given a link that disproved your assertion.

5) Actually in most of his posts mikehughesqc did have the facts in front of him and freely shared them with you. So no he has not been the one making assertions and trying to stifle the truth.

Personally I have big issues with posters like you who make assertions with little or no proof,  one reason I have stayed out of this conversation until now. Your intention for the post was clear from the start and not knowing you I accept it was made in good faith. However it is based on information that is wrong and could result in problems for others if followed.

To make things worse you have now changed what you said you originally asked the person which could cause more confusion for future readers.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• The_truthisout_there
    as previously  stated  people can phone the DWP to confirm if all employees for the DWP have  to have a criminal record background check.
    and also as previously stated i will post any updates as and when more information on my progress happens
    I will not  be drawn into a confrontation  with anyone who post anything on this post and i am sure the site moderators or owners will remove any posts they seem as inappropriate .
    oter sites are available
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    But why would we need to phone them and ask? Nobody appears to be that concerned about this accept you.

Things have changed a bit, originally it was because you didn't want to give over personal info, then it was because your son is vulnerable, then it's a learning experience. If you are the appointee he will be protected from this kind of thing but also stopped from being independent.

The dwp will decide whether he needs an appointee or not .Being  autistic doesn't necessarily mean he can't be allowed to deal with things without assistance, it's all individual.
    He is considered an adult. When you fill out the forms they will likely agree and disagree with things.
    Someone deals with important things on my behalf but they are not my appointee. 
    It's difficult on a forum because you haven't joined in anywhere else bar here.
    But are some of your concerns about the checks because you are delaying the fact that your son is an adult now, and you are struggling to let him grow up, venture into the world, be independent? 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • The_truthisout_there
    I am not the one that keeps wanting to post there opinions on here
    as stated previously i wont be drawn into a confrontation irrespective of what is posted on here
  • The_truthisout_there
    There is a free phone number   0800   121   4433
  • ricky1040
    ricky1040 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    I dont even know what to think here. I know this is important to you truth is out there. and you are probably to an extent right that there should be more checks. isnt this all going to effect your son more and the money he likely is entitled too. just from my personal experience life with benifets is tough enough. maybe consider parking this and get your son sorted and then persue it afterwards. Seems very important to you. But is it really worth it. More to life and all. 
  • The_truthisout_there
    I am not going to comment on anything else that any person post on here.
    as stated i will update this post as and when it progresses.
    If people want to add there own opinion thats fine
    if people want to try and shoot down everything i say thats fine
    if people want to try and deter others from finding out if what i am saying is true
    thats fine
    if people want to add 1 + 1 and come up with 3 thats fine
    but at the end of the day if my son is entitled to pip he will get it if he is not entitled to pip he wont get it.
    I will  do whats in the best interest of my son.

And mikehugessq your following comment.

As I say, fantastic comedy but, in its own way, rather tragic, as you're making a great case in public for lacking the competence to be the appointee. Don't suppose that had occurred to you?

I am more than competent to deal with the DWP  but thanks for your concern anaway

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.