Disallowed PIP how do i appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disallowed PIP how do i appeal?

Georgiaj36
Georgiaj36 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
edited May 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So today I received a letter from PIP stating that i cant claim daily or mobility and they gave me no points for daily and 4 for mobility...They never mentioned the multiple panic attacks i had in front of the assessor and the fact that i was struggling to catch my breath and relying on mu crutch to get me to and from the offices and buildings to attend meeting...This is really stressing me out and evety question they asked me on daily and mobility they put thr complete opposite down of what i was saying...My foot is in an extreme amount of pain and they bypassed that telling me i was struggling at all and as for my bipolar and ocd,anxiety they said i was fine when in fact I was in my mania mood so i was very hyperactive and talkative and rambling on...I really dont know what to do because I cannot work and my physiotherapist said i could claim PIP before she left to go to another job and this has really pushed me to the edge...Please help me??

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Georgiaj36
    I am sorry to hear this, we have some videos on how to appeal the decision here that I hope will help.

The first step in mandatory reconsideration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOsiEFo-Ck
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • jane1973
    jane1973 Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    @Georgiaj36 hya i was turned down on monday and ive been so upset ever since so i know how you feel stay strong and start with a mandatory reconsideration there is a very good video on here somewhere that shows u step by step what to do  all the hugz in the world xxxx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • Georgiaj36
    @jane1973 i have just broke down to them on the phone told them everything and also about the panic attacks i had and the assessor getting me a drink to take my medication...I feel so broken as it is at the moment and this isnt helping...I already feel bad for relying on partner and 14yr old daughter for help as she should be out with her friends but instead stays in with me to help me on a daily basis xxxx

• jane1973
    @Georgiaj36 i know how you feel my 20 year old comes home from london every single weekend to help me shower and wash my hair and she should be out having the best time of her life but she chooses to come home and help me and travels 3 to 4 hours and i feel such a burden also ive been refused my pip so now i wont be able to cope with just general bills and have to go the mandatory decision route its so unfair and makes me more ill and down like i cant carry on did they say anything to you on the phone? Xxxx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • jane1973
    @Sam_Scope.  Thats the video thanx i didnt know how to get it to @Georgiaj36   Xx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • Georgiaj36
    @jane1973 I told them everything again and i even cried down the phone and she typed and wrotw it down as i spoke so my mum and partner are going to write a letter on my behalf...I was going to get my daughter to do one aswell but because she only 14 i dont think they will take it into consideration..I am completely broken now and feel like a wall is blocking my way all the time and its made me physically sick twice and i feel like giving up altogether xxx
  • jane1973
    @Georgiaj36 dont give up it will be a long fight but stand up and lets all fight together as theres so many of us on here fighting for the same reasons  its not fair its not right and we need to make a change for us and everyone else xxxxxxxxxxcc
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • kelnic
    kelnic Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi I've only joined site today, I got my decision letter today n^d was give 0 points on everything.
     I have severe anxiety and cervical spondylosis, nerve damage and wrist weakness. They said I wasn't anxious in assessment even though she had to give me tissues due to me sweating so badly, I kept moving as seat was causing my neck so become very sore, told her we nearly lost our house due to me managing money and how this ended in a suicide attempt where I was taken to hospital and passed to crisis team, yet they claim I have no problems managing money.
    Because I have epidural injections this means I can apparently self manage my neck pain.
    I'm so upset not just about the money but about them making out I'm completely fine, I'm on 100mg of sertraline and this is classed as a normal dose??? 
    I've done an MR and said want all evidence sent to me but I'm still not hopeful x
  • Georgiaj36
    Hi @kelnic I am exactly the same...My mental condition was very bad the day of assessment due to nerves and stress and with CRPS in foot and ankle aswell as relying on crutches they didnt seem to take it into consideration. My bipolar was in mania stage so i was hyoeractive and all over the place aswell as suffering alot of pain trying to get to the centre and offices which then caused me to suffer multiple panic attacks leaving me breathless and even more pain and the assessor helped me get my medication and a drink to help calm me down but then said i was fine...She contradicted everything i had said to het and twisted my words...I broke down asking for MR on phone today and they have asked for supporting letters from my mum and ex partner,I may even get my daughter to write one aswell as she only 14 but if it helps then so be it...I am at my wits end because i feel like topping myself and just ending it all because nobody seems to believe what i am going through on a daily basis and my prescription has to be delivered because i cant manage the journey to get it myself and I have to take six different types of medication multiple times a day and they wipe me out majority of the time..???
  • jane1973
    @kelnic hi and welcome im new here too, i asked for my mr paperwork yesterday and i dont know how im going to manage without my pip but we all need to find the strength to carry on i will until the last bit of it is squeezed out of me hugz xx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    69% of appeals succeed.  PIP is awarded not for conditions themselves but for how they affect your daily living and mobility.

Disabilty Rights UK site has a guide to PIP.

Your disabilities have to fit the relevant descriptors and you have to be very specific about describing your disabilities as the descriptors are very specific.
  • kelnic
    @Georgiaj36 it's awful I've been so anxious after getting letter as I feel like they are painting me as a liar and it's not fair. I really hope we all get some answers and be recognised that we are struggling.
    @jane1973 I agree although I'm feeling very intimated and feel like fighting a brick wall xx
  • Georgiaj36
    @Matilda I explained every single thing down to the last thing and everything i said to the assessor was twisted and reworded to suit their needs...All i have done today is get even more stressed and worried that i feel lile hiding under a rock and not coming out...Its made me have 6 panic attacks since i got letter morning making my chest that tight it felt like i was having a heart attack and i have heart problems too so this doesnt help....
  • jane1973
    @kelnic i felt like that when i got my letter but all i could think after seeing other people on here being delt the same card i thought i think they want us to feel like that so we dont bother to appeal and the government saves money but no we must have our voices heard im not going to treated like this anymore nobody feels the pain except us and the dwp should listen xx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • kelnic
    It makes me angry because its the constant battle of the unseen illness/pain and apparently this isn't meant to happen anymore.
    I'm interested to c what my spinal care consultant + Dr have said but if they haven't backed Me up I suppose I don't have a leg to stand on. xx
  • Matilda
    @Georgiaj36

Are you going to appeal?

Assessors often write inaccurate reports - mine did, but tribunals are impartial and mine awarded me enhanced both.  So don't worry too much about the assessor's lies as tribunals know assessors lie which is why 69% of appeals win.
  • jane1973
    @Matilda love your positivity thank you xx
    Hugz to everyone xx
  • kelnic
    edited May 2018
    Does the appeal process take long?
  • Matilda
    @kelnic

I was awarded standard both in Nov 2016 and won my appeal for enhanced both in May 2017.  But unfortunately the process takes longer now as very large numbers of people are appealing.
  • kelnic
    Wow that is along time pleased u got it sorted tho xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.