Does having a appointee mean you can't make complex budgeting decisions? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does having a appointee mean you can't make complex budgeting decisions?

greatsay
greatsay Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Social services look after my money and are my appointee and they pay me a weekly allowance. I use my allowance to purchase my food shopping once a week with my support staff, my staff make sure I get enough food to last me the week. Do you think having a appointee manage my money will score me maximum (6) points? When I went to my ESA assessment the assessor could see I had a appointee and didn't ask me any budgeting questions.

Comments

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Honest answer I have no idea.

It's this a pip question or an esa question? I haven't seen the esa forms.

For pip.
    I do not have an appointee but I do have someone who takes care of all the bills, the shopping and the cooking.
    The assessor scored me two points for the budgeting and the DM removed it.
    Despite the fact this is in place already, evidence of that was provided. The DM decided that I didn't require help with budgeting because of the reason I gave.
    I couldn't prove it was due to my memory. But this is just pip. Trust me my LA know all about it and provide necessary support!

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • greatsay
    greatsay Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Its about PIP.
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    As above. No idea.
    It's about how your day to day living is effected. By the sounds of it, like myself the support is already being provided. 
    So it's going to be difficult to show what happens if you take care of things yourself, because you do not. 

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    You would think so, but it looks as if you may have to provide more evidence and proof to get it accepted by the acessor and decision maker.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Who knows? I'm my daughters appointee and she can't make any budgeting decisions either. She can't even count money, neither does she know how much to give in a shop, or how much change to receive back. She also has a support worker that takes her out and can't go out alone either. She didn't score 6 points for this, she scored 4. Never take anything for granted when it comes to DWP and benefits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.